The trees are quite large if you land next to them (taller than the interceptor iirc)! However, they’re also placeholders like everything else at the moment.
The other aspect of it is there is currently no close-up detail (apart from textures) on planetary surfaces. So, visually, we have nothing to compare the trees to. Rocks and other vegetation anyone?
Just beautiful, can’t wait for free-alpha weekend to try IB for the first time. Hope it’s gona be soon!
Btw those are alien planets so trees can be any size.
It would be cool if we could get a new planet with the alpha weekend. Or they change the current planets a bit, this way the new footage from the weekend would look new too. 
#waitingForThePlanetEditor… 
We now have just the one I:B thread over on SC forum in the new other games section.
This will keep it most visible to new and current Star Citizens to come discover I:B. Most appreciated Ta.
Thanks to redribbon as well.
Can you guys please log in over there (again) and give some comments and main thread up-votes please, so its not me, all the time.
You guys over there; again, give, all time.
I think its nearly time for a good visual update to the fidelity of planets and moons, and plants and trees. I mean a real step up a level or three. Lava fields and effects as well. And maybe some early tests for wide and varied volumetrics at different levels. The screen shots are all still the same look and feel from KS.
It would give the project a next level kick when presenting screen shots and videos etc. Something the fans can see and used to bring in more new fans to the project.
Time and money…
Wow…
Amazing how such simple changes can be enough to make it a whole new world.
Amazing work as always, @SpaceJay.
I think it speaks about the power of the engine when you can tweak these high-level parameters to such extremes and the views remain organic and visually interesting.
Wow, some of those are a bit psychedelic! Disco world 
i’m from the 70’s
LSD supporter 
That last one is particularly sweet 
Oh… oh my… oh my stars… poetry sir, poetry. I love so many of them 