Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

I have to apologize… I totally missed the map test links above (only clicked the last part which took to their sites). :smiley:
Now that I look at the maps I must say Summer is the best one for the map. It too has some busy feel on the textures but the colors are best. The only tiles I absolutely dislike in Summer are the wool/carpets again (tiled) and the light clay bricks texture.

But I think while these textures by no doubt look good on the game itself the map benefits from less busy textures… and these are all busy. If we are to pick one of these then I give my vote to Summer with some modifications.

1 Like

JoliOzo looks alright, though I’m not a massive fan of the gold bricks.

1 Like

Forgot to change them to Ozo.
Edit: Oh bricks not blocks … ok yeah:

I encourage @LucasFin to modify/edit Summerfields to his liking. There should definitely be a pack around with tiles wool and carpets.
Problem I see in Summerfields is that woods looks terible from above in my oppinion. I like the way Joli did it but Lucas disagrees … ozo is a little too grey … well.

I just don’t know how exactly to do it best that’s why I would like to hand it off.

2 Likes

The wool you got into the Joli/Ozo mix seemed to be without seams. Can that be implemented into the summer pack?

Edit: no wait… it’s too dark… Maybe just keep the original wool then?

1 Like

Yes Ozo has pretty dark wool.

I could pull the original wool from the default pack. Is that what you meant?

What should we do about the wood? Take the Ozo like in JoliOzo and Lighten it up? Take the default? … I’ll experiment some further.

1 Like

Yes.

Try to take that from the default pack too and see how it looks.

Edit: Now we still have to find a way to replace the yellow clay tiles from the Summer pack. Perhaps those can be taken from Ozo or Default?

1 Like

Please post a picture or direct link.

1 Like

Check these brick roofs for example: http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/TestSum/#/385/64/583/-2/0/0

And with yellow bricks I believe I am talking about the same thing with Topperfalkon:

1 Like

Oh ok. I though you meant clay itself. That’s another stilistic thing that was inspired by Jolicraft … I think Jolicraft changed them to yellow primarily to keep with his color palette … and to make them look like clay.
Ok I’ll do another pack combination.

1 Like

According to the latest map update it seems I have managed to teleport outside of the discovered map 3 times… One of them is severe…

It is really important to remember the “-” if your destination coordinates are 5000 something :S

2 Likes

Yes. That’s why I said to be carefull. I’ll delete those patches of map …
Or we could explore those areas.

1 Like

maybe just delete them for now. At least that far away one.

1 Like

So I did some work. Taylorhill and the Swamp Clay camp are now attached to the rail system. This finishes my initial rail project. From one end to the other it takes over 30 minutes of continuous travel!

And how about a little something to find?

There is a warp to get you started plus a sign on the map once it updates, although that won’t help you all that much. No cheating in the labyrinth! And no, the portal doesn’t work… yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Hm, I just went through the labyrinth without my shader mod and realized that it is way too easy on normal minecraft. I’ll probably improve it sometime in the future, including adding some more traps to the course. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll wait for the improved version before I take a shot :smiley:

Edit: nice idea with the clay collecting farm. Can’t find the labyrinth though…

Edit2: Oh! It was not near the clay hut…

2 Likes

I found it and spent so much time trying to make it work… then I read your post more carefully :<

Edit: by “making it work” I mean trying to find a mechanism of course.

3 Likes

Default Map zoom changed to 5

2 Likes

Sorry, but that would be a huge project – and I have enough to do as it is. :smiley: I hope the labyrinth was enjoyably doable but not all too easy? I’ll continue improving it as I have time / get ideas.

So, any opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang? I fear for my Linux version of the game – I will not continue playing if they stop releasing for Linux, as much as it pains me to say that. I hope it won’t come to that, but it is Microsoft… :frowning:

1 Like

I doubt there’s much reason to fear. Unless MS want to rewrite Minecraft in something other than Java then it’s only a .jar file at the end of the day. No particular special support for Linux needed.

1 Like

Excellent Labyrinth Xamino! Took me quite some time and those few traps are nasty one. Especially that down level.

2 Likes

I liked it really much. Not too hard but still I had to spend some time on it.

But I was really hoping the door would work at the end. Even if it didn’t actually take to Atlantis :smiley:

2 Likes