(Unofficial) Developer's Forum thread

Me too! I was exactly number 64 to back at the dev tier. :smiley:

Q1.
BadNewsBaron flew into the gas giant near the end of his stream. You basically get close to a moving texture and then explode. He also flew into one of the factory areas
http://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron/v/21713702

Q6
Bluedrake did quite a lot of fast ground flight in his stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglhi_PIEX4

1 Like

There’s definitely scope for shoving orbiting installations into a decaying orbit, but how to make that actually work with gameplay I’m not sure…

1 Like

*hangs woolly hat
Back.

@Crayfish
May you look for waterfalls or something that’s close to? There are a lot of legends regarding to waterfalls and hidden Pleasure behind.

If I find one I will take a screen shot. (Before enjoying any concealed pleasure beyond.)

1 Like

Wow, great response so far! I’ll update the OP with names as soon as I reach a PC.

::facepalm:: this is why you shouldn’t write posts past your bedtime! Make that another item to change in the OP.

Fear not! That was based upon a funding requirement of $500,000. The recalculated first-day need was $75,000, which they achieved after just 14 hours :smile:

Fear not, this is simply a friendly place for gathering and discussion. No exclusivity towards other players. In fact, once the dev forums open up perhaps I’ll keep this thread alive as a way for folks who don’t have access to post ideas and suggestions that we can read and incorporate. But I do understand your trepidation. I didn’t join the OG for quite some time at first, thinking of it as some anti-new person ‘old boys club’, but eventually realized no one was acting that way. This forum has a very mature community!

@Crayfish Good luck finding that waterfall. Don’t marry any space whales along your journey.

There is one obvious use. Leave it open in another window and you have a very beautiful screensaver :smile:

2 Likes

If we get $1.5 million then manually putting unmanned satellites into orbit could be a thing…

Updated the OP, alphabetized the list

Stellar Supporter :smile:

Let the good times roll!

I did think long and hard about going stellar. But at the end of the day, it was a bit unreasonable.
Aaaand I went galactic anyway. I blame the smart Allegiance gameplay inspiration. And the lava moon video.

3 Likes

oh hang on… i think… yeah i have gone for it too :slight_smile:
Have not paid that much attention to how it was called.

respect… (10char)

Stellar here! Looking forward to the dev forum discussions!

I was going to pledge $250…

But Matt told me to double it.

7 Likes

Awkward first post FTW! I’m not sure if I should say hi or introduce myself since I feel like the guy who’s been stalking, cough er…
“hanging around” these forums long enough to feel like I already know you.

Stellar supporter, here, and I can’t wait to start working with all of you! And it’s an honor to be able to offer suggestions to the INovae team.

Why pledge? Cause I’ve been dreaming of getting my hands on this game since 2011 (but a moment, compared to the wait for most of you)! Also, I love what physics does to games:
-Boundaries without rules
-Natural limitations/specialization
-Interesting compromises
-Depth of gameplay
-Get to listen to hours of that wonderful Scottish accent on YouTube explaining how the world works.
-Best of all: loopholes that people can use to outwit and overpower their enemies.

Some physics makes those things happen, and some doesn’t add any depth at all. Practical physics also happens to be what I do for a living. I was late to the Kickstarter (#251!) cause I was at work all night getting a petrochemical plant started, and it was fun. C2H6 to C2H4 baby! It’s honestly the steampunk dream, I love it.

5 Likes

Red Krishna standing by

5 Likes

Welcome!

Flavien is Belgian…Can’t think of anyone with a Scottish accent that you could mean.

3 Likes

I think hes assuming that if its successful then Scott Manley would play it. Therefore youtube videos. Therefore wonderful Scottish accent.

3 Likes

I would hope he gets to play the prototype before the kickstarter is over.

1 Like