Time to spread the word! (Evangelism Kit)

I would avoid true-scale for the label itself, even though it has its place in a short description. The problem is, true to what? True-scale could mean anything from 30km (fighting for one point of interest) to the entire galaxy, a wing to an astrale(*). In the label itself, there is no reference to the star system or the fleet size.

Maybe grand-scale multiplayer space shooter (GSMSS)? System-scale mass-multiplayer team space shooter (SSMMTSS)?
The problem is, an accurate label is too long.

Massive multiplayer (online) team space shooter (MMTSS / MMOTSS)(**)?
I’d go with MMOTSS.

When you think about it, while true-to-scale star system is one of its main features, it’s not exactly defining its genre. You could have a similar gameplay with smaller battlescapes and some non-seamless transition (like, say, jump or portals) between them.
After all, it’s way closer to Allegiance than Space Engine. You could even describe as a scaled up Allegiance, and you wouldn’t be far from the mark (which is why I pledged that much, actually).

(Edit: great minds think alike, it would seem :smile: )

(*) Because “space navy” makes as much sense as “space submarine”. Or “space marine”, for that matter, outside of very specific cases. As a bonus: the space equivalent of the maritime law would be the astral law.

(**) Given that World of Tanks & cie are now branded MMO, I:B more than earns it. After all, people should stop confusing persistence and massive multiplayer.
I know that some will disagree, but three to four digits seems reasonable for “massive” whether or not it is exact - at least for marketing purposes.

1 Like

Massive Multiplayer Space Combat Game

MMSCG

… yep … we’ll never find the “right” term.

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers!

These acronyms only becomes useful, if the terms are established.

I like that. But I think Keith said, they prefer the term “simulation”:
“Massive Multiplayer Space Combat Simulation” sounds good for me. :smiley:

“The Massive Multiplayer Space Combat Simulation Infinity: Battlescape leaves gaming reporters speechless.” would be a nice subheading for an article.

1 Like

“Corporate Acquisition Training Simulator (CATS)”

3 Likes

Massive Unified Fast Fighting In Nothing, But Utimately Taking Turns Owning Noobs

Game

2 Likes

Massive Intergalactic League of Federation Stars

3 Likes

I’d hit that.

2 Likes

Hence “Spaceship MMOFPS”.

A 6+ letter acronym isn’t going to become established when there’s only one game using that descriptor. At this stage the priority is conveying a sense of what Battlescape will be like… For that, a new acronym is entirely useless.

1 Like

I’ve been posting the odd gif on Imgur, some upvotes would definitely help: http://imgur.com/gallery/yPCgag3

10,000 leagues above the sea

3 Likes

I:B is clearly an arcade game. Because it’s just another Zero Wing clone.

Someone hit Vin Diesel up with this on facebook with the KS link.

https://www.facebook.com/VinDiesel on facebook or
https://instagram.com/vindiesel/

my fav…

Breaking atmosphere on Helion Prime can now be experienced in Infinity:Battlescape.
Whose ship is this? A ship Riddick can call his own. A realistic space sim with seamless planetary transitions.

Breaking the Helion Prime atmosphere can now be experienced in Infinity:Battlescape.
A realistic space sim with seamless planetary transitions. Riddicks shitty little cutter.

Entering the Helion Prime atmosphere can now be experienced in Infinity:Battlescape.
A realistic space sim with seamless planetary transitions. A ship Riddick can call his own.

All Vin would have to do is comment back ‘that looks cool’ and his
zillions of followers would maybe go take a peak as see what its about.

So, just a small % of his fans went and checked the KS and video out, some will convert to pledges for sure naturally. Marketing 101.

That’s not Vin Diesel…

Honestly, I think the probability of Vin Diesel tweeting about I:B after reading a post on his Facebook wall is near 0. Better to post I:B content to other forums (not necessarily gaming communities, other forums almost always have a misc/offtopic section where this could be done).

Fine, moving on, next idea.

Shouldn’t someone who wants to do it, though. That’s a bit like lottery, but without having to pay the ticket. Sure, you won’t win, but who knows? It’s not as if you were paying for it…

A new article from a huge german gaming magazine: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/infinity-battlescape/news/infinity_battlescape,46111,3239066.html

Its very well researched, and positive!

edit: Sry, double post. See post from nanit here: Infinity Battlescape Media Mega Thread

3 Likes

Worth a shot: https://www.reddit.com/r/Yogscast/comments/3sdez3/someone_in_the_yogscast_should_play_infinity/

You know what to do.

I’m there.

That’s what I posted there because that’s the sort of thing you should see right away - a transition with the ship in frame, happening relatively quickly.

1 Like

Hey guys can you like, reweet, and/or reply to this tweet? Trying to get someone on WCCFTech to do an article on the Infinity Kickstarter, need to create some more buzz:

lol just realized the typo…

1 Like