What do you mean? Why have a procedural engine if every instance of a system is going to be the same as in the kickstarter. It wouldn’t take anything to generate a new system per game.
I went to Wikipedia looking for Battlescape. I found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_(upcoming_video_game)#Infinity:_Battlescape
There needs to be a separate I:B section. That history for TQFE (as far as I know) is being rewritten.
The section on Infinity: Battlescape
In 2013 the game’s developers announced that a multiplayer combat game Infinity: Battlescape would be attempting to raise funding on Kickstarter at some time in 2014.[12]
The development blog described the game to be an arena-based shooter in space. However, due to the capabilities of the I-Novae engine, this “arena” will take the form of a realistically scaled solar system. On a basic level, it is planned to focus on combat in the Infinity universe. Stretch goals, including an economy and mining, as well as detailed interaction with planets and moons are being considered. An interactive technical demo of the I-Novae engine is planned to be released alongside the KickStarter campaign.[non-primary source needed]
This looks good.
I read Development twice and can’t remember it. Done with that then. I hope it helps.
System will be the same for every game/round, mostly due to static artist placed assets like stations and bases.
It’s not going to be the same as in the Kickstarter, but the Devs mentioned that they don’t plan unlimited Star Systems in the Base game. It isn’t clear if they would allow it in a separate mode though.
The reason for this is that designing a game where the gameworld isn’t fixed and hardly predictable is a lot harder then one where a lot of elements can be hand placed. Moreover is tweaking and extending the engine to follow strict rules to create a set of possibilities.
What this means is that I-Novae decided, with their projected funding, to set a certain scale. The AAA pendant also have (or plan to have) borders, limits to what the procedural engine can do.
For Infinity:Battlescapes base game, it looks like we are limited to one hand crafted Solar System, this saves resources as they don’t need to code a generator for good solar systems and hand placed structures, this saves resources as they don’t need to code a generator for good structure placemet. You get the drift.
What we retain are full scale procedural planets, rings, (unknown) and most importantly a fun game to use that for.
We can’t tell yet. Information hasn’t been consistent enough. The Kickstarter will provide a definitive answer.
I would dig up posts by devs, but I’m just too tired.
I don’t think that is true. I recall reading that thous will change from game to game.
No evidence other then my bad memory.
Here you go.
I think this page should be modified, to be about inovae studios. Then put a lot of the current content into the history of that company.
These questions should be answered:
- what is inovae studios and where does it come from?
- who is Flavien?
- what is infinity battlescape?
“the quest for Earth” should rather be mentioned as a vision. Not as the central topic.
Yeah, sorry, my bad. I started writing about the engine and got a bit carried away.
You can always reply to my comment with the corrections. I think more activity helps comments get higher rating thus making them more likely to be seen.
Unfortunately, a lot of medias/sites have relayed the information about our KS launch along with a “new gameplay video released” title ( the one with the transition on the volcanic moon ).
That’s been a bit frustrating for me, because what we posted wasn’t meant as a gameplay video but a small teaser quickly done to make people wait.
The real meat is coming. And it’s hot 
No worries. You did good with withholding information. They will do another articel starting with: "Remember the guys who posted that gameplay Video. Their Kickstarter went just live and it (blows us away/is stunning/could be interesting/simmilar so "EdSc…’) …
They aren’t fanatic like we are. They get game news all the time.
I can imagine your frustration. All the more reason for people to look out for the Kickstarter to see actual gameplay.
Lay your hot meat on me.
Can’t wait for it!
This guy, https://www.youtube.com/user/kelldore101, commented on the volcanic moon video:
"So let me get this straight after ten years of posting screenshots, after being denied by investors that your idea is stupid that you have nothing to show except screenshots and videos after ten years and vaporware after vaporware after vaporware post, after being cock blocked by anyone who has money and who can see you have NO PLAN AND NO DIRECTION AND HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW AFTER A DECADE, you want us the public to give you money.
LOL, how about this, ill start a kick starter for money for a new PC that I may or may not end up using to try out your shitty vaporware. Because that is the logic you bring with this decade old snake oil that refuses to die. Seriously SC and ED are ahead of you, and will be ahead of you given the fact you are busy setting up camera angles for your vapor ware bull shots while actual games, with backing, ideas, and concrete goals get developed.
Good luck pandering this latest piece of shit.
The video literally looks like ED Horizons game play."
He’s a total idiot. I don’t get it why so many people are angry about the game (and the company).
Well hopefully they’ll give us a chance after they see our KS pitch & gameplay videos 
Nobody said it was going to be easy and overcoming that stigma is probably going to be the most challenging part of the KS. I have confidence in Inovae and it’s most definitely not vaporware. While pointless to reply, the point I would make to that poster would be the posts about being vaporware are just that, posts. Vaporware is technology that doesn’t exist - the engine is very real and works! It’s far from being vapor.
People are set in there ways and that guy is confusingly angry and passionate against a project he clearly doesn’t have much information about so there’s not much point in arguing with some. I’m hoping that the KS video will make jaws drop and I predict it will surprise many.
Keep that great attitude up Flavien! I believe!
Crazy that people get so upset about games that they spend zero money on and know so little about.
I agree, there is no point in replying. Maybe he’ll come around later.
Makes me wonder what will happen if all those people that spend hundreds or thousands on star citizen get to play the finished product. Thats going to be a crazy shitstorm if these people realize that their unrealistic dreams can’t be fullfilled.
lol so angry! I guess he’ s in the ‘undecided’ category for KS contribution.
Saw that comment too, pretty sickening. INE takes a proactive approach, producing content, doing a KS, basically shutting up the “vaporware” bs once and for all and somehow people still find a way (in their minds) to twist that into something negative. Then you have the “this is just a SC / E:D / NMS clone” ones. Going to NMS channels and saying “This is just an Infinity clone,” while scummy and not completely true, would in fact be a more accurate statement.
Anyway, there are only 3 days left. Keep at it forum monsters.