Time to spread the word! (Evangelism Kit)

Might refer to the theoretical money equivalent of all the unpaid manhours.

3 Likes

Thats probably the figure we gave out if we converted all the time we spent into a dollar value. Its not unusal for statements to be taken out of context >_>

4 Likes

I updated my long running thread on the Star Citizen forums, both the latest post (games list), and the first post. And also changed the thread title to highlight the kickstarter.

Jonny’s TOP list of in-development Space Sci-Fi Games 2015 - Infinity:Battlescape Kickstarter

My thread has had a good number of views since I started it in 2013, and I’ll keep it at the top of the SC ‘Other games’ section during the KS campaign with daily updates.

1 Like

add this to your evangelism kit: http://gfycat.com/IndolentDelightfulAlabamamapturtle

1 Like

nice one. almost looks like he’s going for a canyon run to escape there at the end…

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5811270/#Comment_5811270

I brought an old thread I used to post in on SC forums back to life again. ‘Ideas for landing on planets’. Some good ideas and posts if you take the time to read back.

Scott Manley doing his live stream will be a good boost. And as INovaeKeith said,

Other youtubers
Maybe the UK ‘Worth a Buy’ guy, https://www.youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys/videos
A small channel compared to Scott Manley, but might still be worth contacting him.

Or ‘Geekdomo’ https://www.youtube.com/user/geekdomo
Him and his friends do regular Star Citizen podcasts, and he likes the space games.

I’m not sure about Jim Stirling or TotalBiscuit at this point in development. I’m not qualified to say if they would be keen or not, or the right choices at this early prototype stage.

Geekdomo has already backed ‘at quite a high tier’.
I’ve asked him to let his audience know about it and told him that he can ask for access to the prototype.

2 Likes

IGN Hungary made mention of Battlescape in their Kickstarter roundup today: http://hu.ign.com/heti-kickstarter-es-indie-hirek/8128/feature/a-42-43-het-legfontosabb-indie-es-kickstarter-hire&ved=0CCMQqQIoADADahUKEwjhzoLl19jIAhUFWh4KHTWBAt0&usg=AFQjCNFYHzBWQTSEAJ-MyqmvaNILEPM7rQ

1 Like

@hrobertson
I didn’t know that, thanks.

@INovaeFlavien

Kate Russell
How about BBC’s Kate Russell, the best way to contact her is to send her a
tweet on twitter to check out the KS campaign and game website and take
things from there. Kate says twitter is best. This should come the I:B
dev’s though.

But she has written an Elite Dangerous book and is an avid space game
fan and computer geek. I’ve been watched her every week on BBC Click
for years (tech show) doing her webscape and more recently tech
reviews, and BBC Click goes worldwide. So she has a massive audience,
and a massive fan base reach.

Best way to contact her is to send her a tweet on twitter to check out the KS campaign and game website.

She has a huge fan base reach.

https://twitter.com/katerussell

http://katerussell.co.uk/

3 Likes

Kind of weird how many non-english sites picked up the game first. Is this behavior typical of kickstarters?

Well, the project lead isn’t a native English speaker. Half of the dev team aren’t native English speakers! So that might have something to do with it. Infinity has always had a good non-English fanbase.

@INovaeFlavien
@INovaeKeith

I’ve sent a PM message to the Star Citizen writer Dave Haddock on the SC forums, regarding checking out the KS campaign. Dave has been in contact with me a couple of times in reply to me asking him to name something moon like in the game after the late great Sir Patrick Moore, of BBC Sky at Night. Dave Haddock says he’s looking for something to suitably name.

I’ve also contacted one of the Dev’s from the game Interstellar Marines (Impeller - on the SC forums) (Bozar - IM dev) asking the same.

Also ex-Star Citizen dev Wingman recently asked for his Decent Underground to be added to my in-development games thread on the SC forums. I’ve also sent a PM to him.

Not sure how useful this might be but thought it worth a try.

2 Likes

It’s been picked up by pcgamesn. http://www.pcgamesn.com/infinity-battlescape/infinity-battlescapes-kickstarter-promises-wars-the-size-of-solar-systems-and-a-seamless-space-sandbox

6 Likes

Ok, that site is fairly mainstream, and has a wide reach. This is good.

There’s very little added value in their article though, which is a shame. I guess they didn’t ask for prototype access.

O/T: That’s the first site I’ve seen that has a comment system based off the Steam Community API.

1 Like

I agree with you, @Topperfalkon. The article feels to me on the “suspicious” side, I:B being “yet another space sim stcuk between two giants already launched”.

Oh well, at least there’s an article and it’s not on a negative tone.

I’m actually a little more upbeat about it. PCGN is reasonably high circulation, and it probably won’t get lost as quickly. The article is fairly neutral-positive, so hopefully it will drive views to the KS page.

It just means that it relies yet further on the existing KS page and existing third-party testimony to sell the game to potential backers. What we really need is decent third-hand article-size testimony from a reputable and popular news source. We also need it if we want to create a Battlescape wikipedia page, but that’s an aside.

At the moment I’m discussing on the SC forums planetary flight as compared to what Star Citizen will offer at first and then in time the more advanced atmospheric flight and landings. What both games will offer in two years and beyond. Two different games and scope of course. But it helps the KS by driving hits to the KS page. Right?

But I could do with some help please from any ‘citizens’, I’m not very good with typed grammar, comparing and contrasting points etc.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/292230/how-planet-transition-should-be-from-a-game-doing-it-right

I am such a frustrated futurist, the long wait we all have now for ED, SC and I:B to deliver these great gameplay features.

2 Likes

I just got this mail on my phone:
“CaptainShack just went live
CaptainShack - Infinity Battlescape - Pre-Alpha Space Sim
Tune in at hitbox.tv/CaptainShack”
Haven’t watched it yet, but it sounds promising.

2 Likes

Watching it right now. At the start, he gets a cockpit flickering glitch that I haven’t seen before.