I dont think I claimed otherwise, but the generator is a key ship component for basic system integrity, and if it gets hit tonight then it wont much matter if propulsion is repaired because propulsion will probably be disabled anyways via the generator damage. So we should repair both the generator and propulsion. That is what I said.
My first vote was based on lol-RP (in other words⦠it was baseless >.>). Because I do not like baseless votes, I am changing my vote.
On the (shaky at best) basis of:
- Doubling up on Xamino after I voted for him.
- Claiming that a 2 way split is somehow bad for us.
- For claiming that no lynch is somehow good for us.
Topperfalkon
I admit, last time I accused Topper of something on Day 1 it was horribly misguided, and this too is probably horribly misguided. But hey, its better than lol-RP guesses. ā¦I think.
Eh, thats not really how it would happen, if we forced people to report on the thread the info, votes, and happening inside each system. If suddenly the people occupying a system take suspicious actions, the remaining humans can point that out. If the wolves all got in one subsystem thatās better for us for other reasons, and even then they would need to kill 4 humans before gaining complete control. it would be very obvious they are doing this too painting huge targets on their backs. More likely they will try to put people in multiople subsystems today, its what i would do as a wolf. Topperfalkon, your opposition to this plan is suspicious, your suggestion of a 2 man split can only help the wolf team, weāve been in this style of game a few times, a 2 split is pretty obviously a great way to get us all killed.
I advise everyone alone on a system get onto propulsion and crew quarters. Crew quarters is the likely seer role and we want that ASAP. Donāt let wolves corrupt a solid strategy, we just need to carry it out.
I should point out that last game it was only kind of a seer role. You could pick a room and monitor it. If anyone interacted with that room at night, you would see their names. But since we will all be in 1 or 2 systems by necessity the usefulness of this will be less than normal because that room will be interacted with by many people. Still, it is a good option, assuming it is the same function as last game, which it may not be.
I think propulsion is pretty firmly considered by all of us to be a āmust haveā for day 1 repairs, so that leaves us with only a couple options:
The two that I would suggest are our options for today would be (in this order, imo):
- Generator - gives us needed redundancy, so that propulsion is assured to remain online, excepting a direct hit to propulsion.
- Crew Quarters - Potential spy role. I would caution against calling it a seer, since spy is more accurate.
I think we can concentrate on a single vital systen for a day. The generator wonāt fail in a timeframe in which we couldnāt act with big numbers. I would be for tomorow on the generator but not later. This would put at worst 6 people on iz initially. Tough I could also be wrong and loads of system go crytical tomorow and we would have missed a majority generator or would have to sacrifice.
To the 2 split: Moreover, in a 2 split situation, we will have, in the worst case, two systems with a single person in it. In two days we may have 4 single person systems and then 6. If the people in there decide against sharing all inner functions, we may loose our clear view of the situation very fast.
In a two sytem split we could have something like 6/8, 4/8, 2/8 and only if humans and wolfs target, either accidently or willingly the people on one of it. And in that situation we would loose controll of one system, not 3 or 4.
Had a busy day today, just like yesterday. Quick post before I go to sleep.
Talked with Lysk today, we agree that the 2-system split is probably the best strategy. Chances of wolves being split 2-2 (assuming 4 wolves) is actually higher than 0.5 (woo probability), and those are acceptable odds to me. Odds of the wolves being stacked in one system are very low as well, though admittedly I canāt be bothered to figure out solid numbers for that as Iām pretty tired (and tired of doing math). The 2 system approach offers the best compromise between security and volume of info about systems in my opinion.
I think the go-to option is splitting 8-8 on crew quarters and propulsion. Martin has hopefully rebalanced CQ since last game, so maybe we can get some use from it.
People who are into secure RNG generation can come up with vote assignments using some math wizardry and Iāll obey, but for now Iāll stick with crew quarters.
Last time wolves won because they had all the information. I donāt understand why giving everyone the information will make any difference to our chances of victory.
Iām still a bit bitter about my attempts to use crew quarters last time. They were completely nullified by having a wolf on the system with me and I donāt care to try again. If this decision to split 8-8 is going ahead then I guess Iāll fall in line though. Propulsion (If there are still people who arenāt voting for either of the 2 systems i may change it near the end of the day)
Aye, here it is. Using the seed from the beginning (371b8534b442e85b1008fd8120d3bd84ad47a3615208d1bea717603e5f4137e1) and the order of players as posted by the GM, we get the following distribution:
Crew Quarters:
5: cybercritic
9: Nos_Fi
14: The_Sane
12: LyskTrevise
4: TerranAmbass
16: King_Cosmos
8: dekaku
10: Kreydis
Propulsion:
6: xamino
1: Topperfalkon
11: Enginish
2: mattk50
15: JackBootedThug
3: Skyentist
13: Lomsor
7: Arkenbrien
Here is the random source I used.
All right, according to this, I am changing where I am going to:
Just before arriving at the medical bay, the Bartender slaps his forehead. Heād forgotten his private stash of supplies, hidden somewhere near the engines where the clinking of glass wouldnāt be heard even in the heaviest of seas. He turned around to go to Propulsion.
Also removing my vote from Kreydis to no vote for today.
Um, guys, you have ~9 hours remaining. Either conform to the plan or argue against it, why the sudden silence? 
I donāt like the random number thing but wonāt argue against it today - we need to get this finished.
Iām already in the correct place anyway, so thatās why I kept silent 
Seriously? RNG again? Because last time that worked out so well for usā¦
No.
With a systems type game, the power of information lies with the wolves, they can cover more systems and discuss those systems, each wolf will have four times the information that each human has, if we donāt share all the system info. We didnāt in the last game and it was obvious that that was an advantage for them.
So I still think that we should cover more than two systems. If 2 on a system is too risky, I suggest that 4 systems with 4 people are covered, wolves would need 3 people for a majority, so they can only take one group, same as with only two systems.
As for my vote, Iām going to change it to LyskTrevise, he seems different to the past games, very enthusiastic, confident and energetic. There is nothing better to go on at the moment.
More then two people is to dangerous in the long term. Yes tomorrow it will be fine but it will get out of hand too quickly.
What do you guys hope to get from more systems? Is it worth the risk of loosing control over said system? I think not.
The <= 2 System way is a plan that is more robust in the long term and I didnāt see another argument that managed to be a bigger incentive for me then that.
Crew Quarters.
Though i fear we may have left this too late, xamino.
If there is only 1 subsystem repaired this advantage is nullified! Thatās the advantage of having everyone in the same subsystem. They donāt have this advantage because they have only the same information the humans have.
I disagree. Youāve been arguing this multiple subsytem repair which only really benefits the wolves. There is not a single benefit for the humans to do something like that on day 1. It will only cause confusion and the wolves to be in control(In best scenario for humans) one system or worst case scenario 4 subsystems. No matter what they get handed control of a subsystem.
Cybercritic
I also think we should all only vote for propulsion and only propulsion. Lets see what the wolves do and what happens in the night(who dies) and go from there. Itās the safest route. There are 7 hours left. I hope to see everyone switch to propulsion by thenā¦it really is our smartest move.
Can we get an updated vote tally someone?
Votes
Lysk - 1 (Cyber)
Matt - 1 (Sane)
Cyber - 1 (Skyentist)
TA - 1 (Ark)
Jackbootedthug - 1 (Cosmos)
Topper - 2 (Lysk, Matt)
SubSystems
AA - 1 Krey
Prop - 7 (Sky, Xamino, Sane, Ark, Lomsor, cosmos, matt)
CQ - 3 (Lysk, Cyber, Nos_FI, Enginish)
Medbay - Topper
Super sloppy but Iām in a rush sorry.
Propulsion, as per the current consensus, even though I donāt believe it will do any good.
LyskTrevise because I donāt want to die on the first day again, though Iād be sad to be responsible for his death in yet another wolf game.
Still trying to figure this out.
I vote propulsion though obviously. Seems to make the most sense.
Make sure you bold your votes by hitting ctrl - b on the word or putting ** on each side of the word like " **testing ** " minus the space