I really hate to double post and flip flop all a thing once but I want to keep the pressure Hollifer. I didn’t notice they’ve posted a little content as Jubbahey and there are more than enough votes for Jubbahey for a kill. I think it’s important to keep up the pressure on both fronts until we have a better game plan to rally around.
Removing my vote from Skyentist and voting Hollifer. Lurking is just as bad as inactivity in my book, possibly worse.
@hollifer, you have about 30 minutes to respond before I go to sleep. I probably won’t be up before the day’s end.
Heres the vote count as of now, if i counted correctly:
Target - Voters
(1) Enginish - Nafen,
(4) Jubbahey - Skyentist, Ark, Terran, Ovog
(1) cybercritic - Sane,
(3) Hollifer - Lysk, Cosmos, Enginish
Jubbs…sitting contemplatively by the stainless steel fireplace decidedly feels nervous in a room with such a menagerie of cameleons. Being the new guy was always going to invite suspicion and off handish behaviour, naturally enough considering the situation, but I thought it was the safest introduction… silent and not too deadly, keep a low profile until the dust begins to settle and remain on the outer fringes lest suspicion becomes their focal point on me.
Somehow I must relegate the “lamb stroke slaughter“ badge to someone more worthy.
A good way to start would be to read the thread, post your thoughts, and vote for who you think should die today.
I second lysk on that. This kind of silence and fring play isn’t conducive to a human victory. The wolf game demands more than that. If you make it through the night you will need to contribute a little more than that, ask questions and let us know your thought processes. If you have a really important role and your about to die now is the time to speek up and defend yourself, if anyone is still awake to change votes. That goes for you and Hollifer. I know you guys are new so I don’t want to jump down your throats or anything, but day one is a blood bath. Especially for the inactive. In the future you should also start reaching out to other players so they can at the very least verify your around and thinking of the game. I want to try and help so we can all have a fun and productive game.
I’m going to be going to sleep here soon, I’m already awake wayyyyy later than I intended to be. I likely won’t be able to change my vote at this point, but some times I wake up in the night so who knows.
EDIT…somehow I’m logged in as my other logger from Google…read this as Jubbs please…no, honestly. Maybe because I logged in on another computer.
So I have to play by your rules and not the usual rules of secret agents. I find people that reveal too much are hiding something, also people who are quick to point the finger are those too nervous to observe and for this reason, and I am not an advocate of Murder by proxy esp when a jury is on hand, and based on meaningful dialogue, I would rather vote for somebody that seems to be sowing seeds of doubt rather too quickly for comfort, but as I’m new to this type of congress and are being forced to vote an assassination, after considerable thought and due to the fact that any player who advocates revealing roles must be a mole in my opinion, then I vote for Arkenbrien.
_Jubbs just can’t believe that possible fellow agents are ready to throw knives in a dark room just because they have knives and the light is out " …unlucky you… between the eyes,…seemed like a nice chap…was getting on ok with him…oh well, fate dealt the cards…"
Maybe if I duck continually, I’ll survive the first onslaught, but I’ll have to be on my guard continually and not let my defenses down, at some point a wolf will make a mistake and reveal himself, a lie is a lie and can not sustain itself in reality.
For the sake of parity
Megarith ambles over to the grenade in the corner as the group bickers on about missing surveillance footage. He eyes it, picks it up, then looks back at the group. A memory from basic training comes to mind.
“Think fast!” he shouts, as he throws the grenade in the general direcrion of Hollifer.
What a mess, gotta reset password, sorry guys wont be online for 9 hours.
Jubbahey
The quarters are acceptable down here. Still, even with air conditioning, the heat at this depth makes me have some unpleasant nightmares.
Like every morning and like mostly everyone, ןoɯ checked the logs provided by the hundreds of bugs situated in and around the base …
Quite some commotion, eh.
So I missed the poll. Asleep and all.
For a second I though voting for inactive people was a bad idea as they would die anyway … but voting for someone else would kill more people and shorten the game. Given that the chance of an inactive being staff is higher, voting for them is an option. Still I don’t really find it productive, although it generates discussion, the resulting discussion never really helped me that much in the past.
Considering there might be passive roles alive inactive could help the staff survive longer if they get targeted by infiltrators … although that in turn is quite unusual too.
What mostly never happens is someone revealing if and what role they have to save themselves on day one. Just from what I remember.
Based on above I think not killing anyone on day one, especially as it seems this game is quite role filled, is better or at least the same benefit to the staff as killing an inactive player. I respect that others probably think differently and thus will also not aim to create a draw.
… with that she stepped to the bar to order some breakfast.
Voting for Jubbahey
Logged in on phone. 
On a casual glance around the room, several characters are pacing up and down, others are standing as if in a queue and two are seated skipping through the pages of several badly out of date mags
Are we in Gods waiting room ?
I too find the immediate kill of the first agent on the opening day a bit hurried. I dont think an extracstay of execution would allow a wolf any extra time to settle in, but would give slow starters a chance to gain confidence in becoming good players.
So, its come to this…a sacrificial lamb will be hence forth, dispatched with no ceremony. A Lord of the Flies situation that requires either an educated guess or an inspired one. I hope my own opinion will be proved but I’m not completely convinced.
At least the breakfast fare invitingly spread out like a last supper for the convicted will sate my apetite, but do I go for the bacon or the black pudding…tsk! Choices eh?
Suddenly without warning, several pairs of burly hands bind me in a firm grip and drag me towards a high backed Chesterfield chair. Others grom behind tie me securely to the chairs rear and two rope my hands to the arm rests. I can nor move with any discernable pressure on my bindings even forcefully jerking from side to side. It seems the decision has been made unconciously but with a group/herd affect of a fear of outsiders.
A singularly pretty lady who I had not noticed for some time is by the fireplace sharpening what can only be described as a fine, slender bladed stiletto with a point so sharp it would take the deftest of touches to plunge it between two ribs and into my heart. Not sure if she is the executioner or just the provider on the symbolic ax.
I look around at my lynch mob, appealing with my eyes to think again but only see snuffled glances and hurried looks to elsewhere. What can I say that will break the atmosphere of death… "You know chaps, it would have been nice to know it was my enemies that were killing me, not my fellow agents but we all knew the dangers didnt we, but let me say this almost with my last breath, would the DM really have made me a wolf the first time around…?
The Day Is Over
Please wait while I count the votes.
The lights in the room began to dim as the base automatically shifted into night mode. The agents had spent the entire day debating who was responsible for the death of spymaster flavien - eventually coming to an even split between the mysterious jubbahey or the intimidating Ivanka. Enginish, getting tired with the endless debating, fished the grenade out of the glass of martini it had been sitting in, pulled the pin and tossed it at jubbahey.
jubbahey watched the grenade arc through the air as if in slow motion. He was aware of other agents diving for cover… too slow. He get into cover behind the bar but he knew that if he did that at least three other agents wouldn’t make it to cover in time. Instead he jumped forward and landed on top of the grenade, heroically absorbing the blast with his body and saving his colleagues
@cybercritic you didn’t post anything today. This is your one and only inactivity warning before you are killed or replaced.
- jubbahey has been lynched.
- jubbahey was a member of staff
- The night will be 24 hours long. If you have a night action please contact me as soon as possible.
It is now Night 1
Martin, just a quick rule clarification, what would have happened in a tie? I tried to see in the rules, but it wasn’t listed.
The usual handling for a daytime tie is no one gets lynched.
As Jubbs lay in a heap of tattered remains a barely perceptable word emerged from his twisted and gaping mouth…“ #ools “ no-one could quite make out the first consonant…was it an F or a T ? not that it made any difference now.
The lights began to flicker on in the bunker and some of the agents emerged from their rooms. Special agent Topperfalkon walked towards the common room in a crisp white morning suit, adjusting his bow tie as he walked. Of course the bow tie was actually an advanced recording device from Q branch and he was slightly adjusting it’s focus - always good to keep up to date with what those fine engineers designed. As he ran his finger over the exposure adjustment control the bow tie suddenly began to spew out acrid smoke, he ripped off the bow tie and rubbed his hands over the burn mark on his neck… maybe he shouldn’t steal prototypes from the lab.
Topperfalkon turned into the Q branch office, making sure no one was about who would notice him putting the burnt bow tie prototype back. He peered around a corner and saw Thomas Enginish slumped in his chair with a 32 inch halo knife sticking through his chest.
The agents began to gather in the common room, faces grim as they gathered around the photographic evidence laid out on the tables. Arkenbrien attracted the crowd’s attention and began to make an announcement: “Last night, I was conducting some investigations of my own into what special roles people might have. I began my work by investigating…”, he paused and looked uncomfortable, the delayed action poison in his coffee had begun to take action! His face began to turn red and swell up… before anyone could think about trying to feed him a general purpose antidote his head exploded.
Enginish was killed at night
Arkenbrien was assassinated by a third party
It Is Now Day 2
Day will end in 48 hours
I’m confused, a router drank coffee? 