The Wolf Game - Murder Party - Day 5 - Infiltrators and Nafen win!

I was talking about nobles theory.

Your theory is arguably just as meta gamey but has more merit since Martin may have drawn inspiration from similar roles but there’s no way to tell for sure other than lynching Hollifer which could provide a very useful as a human because they are nearly safe during the night. Again, either Hollifer is a very smart wolf that lied to create a very interesting role that would prove a nuisance to wolves, or they are telling the truth. If we had a rolescan player it would be great to confirm this without killing a potential powerful human role.

Noble, do you have any suggestion if we were to follow your plan?

We also need to hear from the players lurking in the shadows. Based on your communication with players in this thread and any private pm’s do you anyone you are suspicious of?

I’ve only had contact with cosmos, noble, and lysk outside of the thread and I’ve pretty much reiterated what I’ve said to both cosmos and lysk on this thread already.

So here’s what I see.

There are two scenarios when it comes to Hollifer.

Scenario 1:
Hollifer is a wolf.
Hollifer decided to reveal her role to Lysk with altered abilities.
Being somewhat inexperienced Hollifer overpowered her cover role.
Once called out by Lysk, Hollifer panicked not altering anything until a fellow wolf suggested how Hollifer could adjust her cover role to make it much more plausible.

Scenario 2:
Hollifer is a staff.
Hollifer decided to reveal her role to Lysk.
Being somewhat inexperienced Hollifer added on that she was invincible to night attacks.
Once called out by Lysk, Hollifer panicked before eventually giving in revealing the less powerful nature of her role.

I’d say it’s equally plausible, and hence not bad odds of catching a wolf. However Lysk’s aggression.in this game coupled with very guarded posture with regards the information he has

I really dislike the lack of activity and input from @Ovog

I wouldn’t call it a plan, just an attempt at a novel analysis. If I knew more concretely the names of more people’s roles I might feel more comfortable recommending something.

Right now I think Hollifer is either a wolf who’s role is nullified by Cosmos’ death or a human with a maybe useful role (though it was much better when the wolves didn’t know it existed). I feel we may end up having to lynch Hollifer anyway but there is a chance the wolves will kill her by chance if she is telling the truth -> therefore I say we don’t have to determine her allegiance yet. On the basis of lack of input coupled with the off chance of my analysis being slightly right I will vote Ovog. However I will likely change it if he posts something of actual substance before the end of the day.

10characters

^ Unfinished sentence.

What I was trying to say is that I am not sure of what to think of Lysk’s aggression in this game and feel perhaps Hollifer’s position will reveal itself as I explained later in the post. Right now I think pulling people out of the woodwork will be more useful.

I really don’t have more input, i’m like Losmor, stuck, wolves have been playing really good in the deception game, and we need some serious info gathering and fast.

I really don’t think Hollifer is wolves, since the argument that lead us to that fact was Trevise finding the same name of her as the mafia one (that is wolves). That to me is extremely weak.

But, I feel for each post that she makes, the case for her weakens and weakens more, maybe Trevise had blind luck, maybe it is wolves sacrificing one another. Who knows.

Even if we had a role scan, if she survives today, I hopefully will be able to convince the jailer to lock her up every night until her death. Its too big of a risk to let her have the chance to use a wolf conversion role. I don’t know if thats her role exactly, i’ve admitted that, but on the off chance that it MIGHT be, we as humans cant allow it to be used. Period. That means a scanner would not be able to target her at night, due to being locked up.

I consider it massively lucky that our jailer locked her up on Night 1, otherwise someone might’ve been converted already. My opinion is that we should not waste this chance to stop a convert before it has a chance to happen. The jailer might not survive forever, and it certainly limits his ability to protect/block other players in the game, thus hampering any human efforts to cooperate.

I’m pretty sure you’re talking to Noble here, but just to reiterate, I am in private contact with everyone in the game, at least once. Last night I gauged everyone’s reaction to Cosmos’ alignment reveal, and asked them what they thought of it. Maybe I should just stick to questioning people in private, as I seem to get more information that way than by asking publicly in the thread…

Just to be clear, she revealed her role publicly, but then deleted it shortly after. You would have had to read the edit history in order to see the post. Unless you’re talking about the role name here, I guess that’s true.

My take on either scenario is that her role, as it is described now, still makes no sense. It doesn’t protect her, or her target. It just rooms them together. What exactly is the point? I don’t believe such a role would exist without some sort of twist. There would need to be a REASON to visit someone at night. The only time Hollifer would be protected by a night attack with the role she has, as she has described it, is if she KNEW she was going to be attacked that night.

The role makes no sense, so either martin really fucked up big time (doubt it, given the amount of effort he puts in) or she’s not telling us the whole truth. I believe she is still hiding the full capability of her role. I maintain that the full capability is to convert a human into a wolf.

To be honest, based on my information I’m actually inclined to believe the first part of your analysis. The second part, where you accuse me for being guarded… I find utterly baffling. Like I said, I’m happy to face any accusations, but first you must make one. I think you can find many to choose from: my aggressive nature, Cosmos not turning out to be a wolf, etc. Maybe others I haven’t thought of (because, honestly, I have no reason to even bother - I know I’m human after all).

??? If we lynch her today its absolutely CRITICAL that we determine her alignment… What are you saying?!

I applaud your efforts to encourage the lurkers to discuss, I have been trying to do that all game. As for my behavior, you may (or may not - its been a while…) remember that I usually play pretty aggressively, and its one of the reasons why I get killed so early when I’m a human.

The fact that I’m not dead yet probably has some alarm bells going off in peoples heads right now, but then again, maybe that’s what the wolves want. In fact, I would argue that the fact that im still alive is the biggest argument against my alignment right now.

However, given that Cosmos didn’t turn out to be a wolf, and BrickWall and Hollifer were vocal against me yesterday, perhaps the wolves thought I could be lynched today. In fact, I believe BrickWall was killed in order to frame me today (he was the only person to vote for me on day 2).

Interestingly, no one has at all commented on why they think he was killed. I guess people thought it was a bit of a seemingly random choice, but I did not think that.

I think the people putting pressure on me today are the most suspicious of all of the players besides Hollifer, to be honest. And not just because I dont like being threatened.

You only get that if you post your thoughts coherently, and often. We haven’t exactly seen much of you to be able to get information from you…

That isn’t the only argument. Her role makes no sense as she described it then, and even now it makes no sense. The name matching just gives me a clue to what the real purpose might be, and its a rather dangerous purpose at that.

I think Lysk has you beat there.

(Just woke up haven’t read it yet)

1 Like

Well… this isn’t making my decisions any easier.

@martindevans how long until day end?

I believe it ends in 30 minutes…

Anyone have a tally of votes so far?
Who’s looking set to get lynched?

I dont think this can be right, but yet… I just counted so I’m hoping someone corrects me:

(#)Targets - Voters

(2)Hollifer - Terran,Lysk
(1)Ovog - Noble

Only 3 people voted so far?

1 Like

Fell asleep again and nearly missed it. I’m not certain about it, but…

Hollifer

1 Like

Ok, times are tense and with so little time left this vote will be too easily swayed. Hollifer I’m sorry but this is our only option right now.

#Not voting only helps the wolves hide.

What on earth is everyone doing? Why have so few people participated? This is playing straight into the wolves’ hands.

1 Like

Lysk Trevise aimed down the sights of a rifle at one of the wooden targets down the range. He wasn’t a soldier, or a field agent, and generally hated danger… But he did like to shoot. He took a breath and held it for a moment, his finger depressing ever so slightly on the trigger, and then… BANG! The familiar kick of the gun into his shoulder and the hot bullet casing being ejected against the wall to his right rang out a ding in the range. It would have been a nice feeling, seeing the wooden target break apart partially into wooden pieces of shrapnel, if not for the squirming and now bloody form of BrickWall down range that he could now see.

Damn.

Fortunately, he felt like he had some clues about who was responsible thanks to some clever hacking, but it was unfortunate he wasn’t quick enough to save a loyal MI7 member… Hopefully the day would bring answers.

Sorry guys, I know I’m late on the RP as usual. Just want to get some flavor quickly in before the day ends.

I’m sorry, but I’m not convinced enough on this to join this bandwagon.

And apologies for the lack of RP, I’ve been a bit too busy to put in the time for it.

The Day Is Over

3 Likes

The day dragged on with information operations officer Lysk continuing to take the lead in saving the agents - or manipulating them for his own ends? A few of the agents were beginning to have doubts about his motives. Nonetheless, when the lights dimmed and the agents were forced to decide who had betrayed them the choice was obvious. Ivanka claimed to be a soviet defector, trained in the ways of deception and seduction, she must be a double agents sent to infiltrate MI7 and kill them all!

Seeing how opinions were turning against her the huge Russian woman jumped up and ran out of the room. A few of the fastest agents grabbed guns off the racks and sent a fusillade of bullets down the corridor after her, a few even hit, but she just laughed “Hah! It takes more than that to kill soviet trained agent, I AM INVINCIBL…” a single shot rang out, piercing a pipe running along the ceiling of the corridor. A blast of liquid nitrogen shot out, freezing Ivanka solid instantly.

  • Hollifer has been lynched
  • Hollifer was a member of staff
  • The night will be 24 hours long. If you have a night action please contact me as soon as possible.

It Is Now Night 3

7 Likes

An Omen?

http://time.com/4790347/roger-moore-dead/

4 Likes

Information operations officer LyskTrevise woke up to his alarm blaring in his ear and groaned. He’d spent most of last night reprogramming the surveillance network in the base to try to catch the infiltrators in the act. With a yawn he stepped out of bed and flicked on his computer to see what he had got.

LyskTrecise watched three shadowy figures sneaking down the darkened hallway - he was watching the infiltrators in the act but there wasn’t enough light to make out their faces! The figures in the video pulled out some chunky objects from bags they had been carrying and began attaching them to the wall outside someones quarter - but he couldn’t make out the number on the door. Next out of the bag came reels of wire which were inserted into the objects on the wall. With a start he realised they were wiring explosives, enough to demolish a building! But he’d have heard that… they obviously hadn’t detonated it yet, there was still time! He ran over to the door and pulled it open…

A huge explosion woke all of the staff. The concrete walls cracked and dust filled the air.

  • LyskTrevise has been murdered by the infiltrators

It Is Now Day 4

Day will end in 48 hours

Well, shit

3 Likes

There goes part of my theory. :confused:

And if we can go by the sound of the RP … there are still three Infiltrators out there. If we don’t manage to get one today I fear it will be game over soon.