I’m not necessarily suggesting to vote for TerranAmbassador, I have no solid suspect at the moment. I voted for him to tie it up and protect myself. I’d be very interested in hearing solid cases for anyone else. I know I’m biased and I’m still suspect, but I promise that I am a regular human crew member and that I am assuredly not the best target for lynching.
Yes, I can see your point, however, I would like to reiterate that I was initially told to vote for the Power Grid. I was away most of that day cycle with my girlfriend so when I caught up a plan to assign votes had been formulated without my input and I was fine with that. I scrolled through the thread from top to bottom to find my role assignment and copied it directly in to my post, not noticing that there was a second one. After I posted there was another 11 hours of discussion between 13 posts, including one by yourself. No one alerted me, even when it was incorrectly crossed off the official vote list. I did not intend for this to happen. We can only make the best of it for the time being. If I could undo this, be taken off this subsystem, I would agree to it
If you think I am suspicious then freeze me tonight. I don’t mind. Earlier you asked for answers. I ask you for questions. I want to do everything in my power to allay your doubts.
EDIT: I’m going out for dinner, I’ll be back to check on the thread in about an hour, and then I’ll leave 3 hours from now to see my girlfriend. I’ll do my best to check up regularly, as I want the chance to answer questions, but the night is going to begin winding down soon for me.
Slightly less drunk than anticipated and managed to get a lift home tonight rather than finding my way back tomorrow … lets see if I can see straight enough to catch up on the thread.
Why propulsion over integrity field? Integrity sounds more ‘important’ to me. Also:
Makes me think crew quarters could provide access to another system. As in “finding access codes written down by crew members”.
… because we still have three people on the system. If the role comes under threat (if one of us dies, or is a suspected wolf) then the full details should become public knowledge. Until then it is assumed that even if one of us is a wolf humans will maintain veto on the system use long enough to get the information out. (if 2 of us are wolves then I’m fucked).
That’s an issue that seems to have been glossed over. By lynching Cosmos we are gambling on the fact that Krishna is not a wolf.
I can’t stop that, but the hope is that a 3 person crew will keep a system ‘safe’, hence the initial reason for dividing up into groups of 3. I currently have no plans as to who to use it on. I’m not saying trust us, but if we do decide on a target and it fucks up in some way you can trust that at least one of us will reveal our actions… else by all means, lynch away.
Voting for propulsion as requested.
I think instead of removing power to the cryo subsystem, we should let the players in charge of it determine the best way to use it.
We should assume it retains a human majority, so misuse isn’t something I’m worried about.
Just… Use it sensibly, cryo people.
Hey all, I’m going to sleep now, but I’ve noticed there tends to be a bit of an upswing in discussion over the next few hours. It sucks because I hoped to participate in a more active conversation to clear suspicions on me. I intend to try and get back on here a few hours before the day cycle ends and catch up on what I miss, but in case this is it for me today I wanted to say I’ve tried to be as open and fourth coming as possible. I hope that my posts thus far can sway some of those with votes on me to reconsider. I don’t like having a target on my back, it makes it harder for all of us to figure out who the real wolfs are.
I’m changing my vote to Krishna because he is the last person not at their assigned sub system. I would join one of the bandwagons but to my eyes neither seem based on viable plans or suspicions, so I’d rather stay away from them for now.
@Krishna your cooperation is essential. Vote Environmental control ASAP, Antamera’s wrath is building! I call upon all other faithful to ramp up the pressure.
Edit:
A structural integrity field is used to reinforce the ship’s structural integrity. This system might allow for the protection of a system against debris impact etc, other than that I’m not sure. Propulsion on the other hand could be used to actively put systems in the way of debris impact (more offensive capability) and therefore I wanted it under secure human control.
True, problem is that I trust neither at the moment. As LucasFIN suggested earlier, it could be that Cosmos and Krishna cooperated to gain control of the Power Grid and, not realising Xamino’s mistake, proceeded to kill cybercritic.
We onnly have a few hours left in the day and if we don’t vote for @krishna the teams will be uneven… I did say in my previous post that id probably rather vote for krishna anyway after cosmos’ posts… guh.
The arguing about who was meant to repair what went on all the way until lunchtime. The surviving members of the crew yelling at King_Cosmos for failing to turn up to his assigned job; no one seemed happy that he had in fact spent the night risking his life to repair the power system for them. After lunch TerranAmbassador cornered Xamino and shouted at the cryogenic technician for slacking off his repair duties. Eventually a new roster was drawn up and assignments were handed out to the crew, no mistakes this time!
Discussion finally turned to what to do about the murder of Cybercritic. It was clear that Topperfalkon had not been working alone and there must be another psyhcopath amongst them… The_Sane narrowed his eyes at TerranAmbassador, “You seemed pretty angry at Xamino… psychopathically angry I’d say!”. Several people around the room nodded and mumbled their agreement. A few other people stepped forward and shoved King_Cosmos and Krishna into the middle of the room but it wasn’t enough - it was decided that TerranAmbassador must be the other wolf! Pendrokar and The_Sane grabbed some frozen mackerel from a nearby storage container and beat him into unconsciousness…
TerranAmbassador came to and groaned at the aches and pains. As he sat up a clipboard fell off his chest, “What’s this?”… it was the standard instructions for surviving exposure to vacuumafter sudden decompression. His eyes widened and he looked up to see the airlock decompression countdown on the wall showing under a minute left! “No, STOP! I’m not a psychopath! Look, I’ve been repairing the hull for years, I can tell you details of all the jobs I’ve done to keep the ship safe… one of you has to…”
The breath exploded out of his lungs and a unstoppable force pushed TerranAmbassador backwards out into space. Tiny blood vessels all over his body exploded and liquids began boiling from every exposed surface of his body… but he didn’t care, the view of the stars was even more incredible than any view he’d had through a suit whilst working on the hull. Just as he was beginning to lose sight as his eyeballs boil Terran was annihilated by exhaust of the ISS Relatively Fast
It Is Now Nighttime TerranAmbassador has been lynched The night will be 24 hours, starting from when this post was created
Cise arrived in the Cryogenic control room early in the morning feeling absolutely exhausted. He had spent the entire night working on the deflector shields and now he had to perform some ongoing duties on the cryogenic control system. First things first check the cargo: 10,000 prisoners in cold storage. Automated health checks were performed on everyone in cryogenic storage overnight and everything seemed to be ok, helium flow was stable and no more prisoners had escaped. Excellent.
He turned away from the cargo status screen towards the system status screen. The aft helium tanks were half empty and showing lots of red warnings, but that was expected after they’d vented into space for an entire day and then been patched up. One of the forward tanks was showing a slight overheat warning, that was weird… He pulled up the cameras for tank 7 and looked about. No obvious damage to the outside of the tank, no fires, no leaks. He switched to internal view and gasped in horror: two arms were floating in the liquid helium! He flicked over to the other tanks to discover legs in tank 2, a torso in tank 8 and a head in tank 1. He zoomed in the camera and saw the frozen look of shock on Enginish face looking back.
Just as the crew was gathering in the cryogenic monitoring room, near the secondary environmental controls an all too familiar sound echoed through the ship; a deep thrum followed by a slight shudder - the defence guns had shot down a piece of debris. A few seconds later three shots fired in rapid succession, then everyone was knocked to their feet as the entire ship lurched to the side. Klaxons flared and emergency pressure bulkheads snapped shut. Lomsor, who was standing near a system status readout, shouted out “The power grid, the point defence array and the medical bay have all been damaged by debris!”.
It Is Now Day 3
Enginish has been murdered by the psychopaths The day will be 48 hours, starting from when this post was created
Power Grid Damaged Point Defence Array Damaged Medical Bay Damaged
Hey everyone, I’d like to introduce you all to Bob. Bob is a manifestation of my paranoia, and he has some theories. Introduce yourself Bob.
“…”
Thank you Bob.
On day 2 I said I would reveal the full details of Cryo if one of us died, or if one of us was a suspected wolf. I later reasoned that if wolves did not already know (Ark and Cise being human) then I basically invited the wolves to kill one of us to get the full details, and me being the most vocal would be the likely target. So I asked to be put in cryo, and if by chance I blocked a night kill I would not only be confirmed as human but it would also make everyone else in cryo seem fairly trustworthy…
Then I got paranoid.
My reason for suspecting @Arkenbrien may be a little weak, but paranoia is a wonderful thing. In my cryo request I wrote this:
Sure enough Ark answered with a youtube video of exactly that… but he made absolutely no comment on my request. It was another 6 hours before he came back and agreed to it. To me this smelt like a wolf checking in with his friends and deciding how to respond first. While Cise only agreed if Ark agreed.
More importantly though I would also like to ask @Cise something… While you never formally agreed to my idea of keeping details quiet, what did you hope to achieve by offering details of our system in return for details on another? This disturbing information was relayed to me by a third party, so take that as you will, but it matches up with the “testing the waters”* that you admitted to in the cryo thread (*probing) . And guess who it was that Cise was (apparently) probing for information… Enginish.
If I’m getting played by the third party then it’ll only blow up in his face, so I’m cautiously trusting of him.
As to the full details of the Cryo Storage system ability. Each night we can vote to place a player into cryo sleep during that night or the following day. They are out of the game, they cannot be killed but neither can they repair or perform any other action during that phase. If cryo is damaged while a player is inside then that player is stuck in cryo until it is repaired. If it goes critical the stuck player dies.
This means I sacrificed my chance at a repair last night (with Enginish also dead that leaves only 3 players on Propulsion), and I also took a bit of a gamble. If Cryo had been damaged while I was in it I would obviously have lost control over it, and would not have been able to gain a new role until at least day 5.