The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

Ah well, next time I’ll think more before I try and be clever.

Emperor Topper was tired of the survivors’ bickering. Frankly, he just wanted to go back to sleep. His cryobed may now be out of order, but there was one facility of his armoured suit that would let him “sleep” until this was all over.
Topper stroked the hilt of his vibrosword thoughtfully, seemingly unnoticed by the still arguing survivors

Topperfalkon

Don’t screw it up, I’d still like to win.

I… Don’t really understand this whole voting for yourself trend. I mean, if you feel like you can’t defend yourself, then fine okay… But I mean, you just gave up like that? I dont get it. At least if you are a human you could vote for someone and we could analyze your patterns later, but whatever.

I’m going to side with Topper and follow his suspicions…

Topperfalkon

Hey all! Busy day. Man this just kinda blew up today. I get home and there’s 100+ posts for me to catch up on! I have to admit I honestly wasn’t expecting that. So, as I understand it we agreed to randomly vote for specific subsystems to block the wolfs out and I’ve been assigned Power Grid. I don’t have a whole lot to add at this point that hasn’t been said already. Sounds like a sold enough plan! It gives us a good chance to minimize wolf-y shenanigans with the powers.

I’ll change my earlier vote and put the new proper one at the bottom. Also, I’d like to add my self to the growing public list of rolless humans. It seems that the subsystems will be our powers this time. Very interesting.

Here is my intro RP, it’s a bit long so I divided it in to two parts. I’ve partially crafted part 2 to explain my absence today, but I also don’t really like it as much as part 1 so…idk. Anyways, Enjoy

Part 1

The silence that rested through Cryo Block E was quickly replaced with the thick yelps of panic as prisoners awakened to the emergency alarms. The glass lids slid off the tubes one by one down the block. The seal on the last tube in block E read “Hobart, John”

Inside lay a young man in his mid twenties. His orange hair was wild and unkempt. His forearms lacked the gang tattoos that identified so many of his neighbors. He wasn’t built as well as them either, he was a bit more lanky and pale.

First his hearing came back. He didn’t need to see the faces of the other men to know terror was in the air. Was it a riot? It sure as hell sounded that way. His sight slowly began to return. He could see the red lights flashing all along the walls but he couldn’t see enough to figure out why. He could also make out the general shape of the mass of men gathering in the middle of the block.

Their numbers terrified him. He curled deep in to his pod and prayed they wouldn’t notice him.

People. What a bunch of bastards and lunatics. John was the furthest thing you would find from being a people person. A lonely little planet billions of miles away from humanity was his idea of paradise.

Finally the clarity returned to his eyes and he could make out more of what had happened. It wasn’t just an emergency alarm, it was impact alarm.

One voice stuck out of the riot, “The armory is over here, lets take the ship!”

“Why are they fighting? Did they know what had happened? They going everyone killed” John thought to himself.

The flood of criminals fighting for their lives, for freedom, for power. As every hooligan, debtor, thug, murder, and psychopath they could fit in his cell block wrestled their way into the armory he ran the other way. As they found the guns meant for hunting he found a corridor meant for the workmen. As the prisoners tuned on each other, John turned down the hallway and into a storage room. As their shots went wild so did Johns mind.

The low pop of rapid decompression rocketed through the hull of the ship, undoubtedly heard on all levels.

As the prisoners of cryo block E drew their collective last breath, John drew his first peaceful breath since he had woken up. The silence was so comforting.

Part 2

John nervously ran his hands through his hair, constantly adding grease to the fine orange follicles. “How long had it been since I woke up? Just a few hours right? No. A full day? Dam it. It’s impossible to tell.” He thought

This was a nightmare situation for John. He pleaded guilty back on earth so he could get transportation sentencing rather than work one of the deadly oil pits. They terrified him. The angry murderous convict work force. He’s heard the stories of the massive fires they start during prison riots. No. He was going to take his sentencing willingly and work on some backwater planet with open air, fresh food sown by his own hands, and very minimal interaction with people. All he wanted was to live quietly, yet with each passing second that life seemed further and further away.

He drifted aimlessly from corridor to corridor trying to figure out what his next step is. On the bright side there was a very real possibility that he was the last person left alive, so that ensured a degree of peace.

He rounded a corner and noticed a light pouring out a nearby room, and voices. They were arguing. He pressed himself and listened. While he couldn’t make out what they were arguing about, but he could easily tell it was different from the rioting prisoners. Their voices were panicked, sure, but they gave each person a chance to comment. There couldn’t be more than a dozen and a half of them. That’s when it hit him. “I’m in Control Section. This must be the remaining crew.”

He had never been so happy to see other humans in his life! “If I play my cards right they might be my ticket out of here.” His thoughts race. “ I’d do anything to make it out of here alive!”

Hope you liked it! Anyways, I formally change my subsystem vote to Power Grid

2 Likes

Without any better leads to go with I will place my vote on Topper before the day ends.

Topperfalkon

Edit:

Not trying to kick a guy laying on the ground, but Martin has said in previous games that your victory condition requires personal survival. I’ve heard it’s not like that in the original Mafia game, but I kinda like the dynamics it creates in the game.

Well with nothing to go on except Topper’s suspicious quote I have no qualms voting for

TopperFalkon

now King_Cosmos has accepted his role.

I believe there is now a majority (9 votes) for TopperFalkon.

Indeed. As of right now 8 people have voted for Topper (not including himself) and since the start of the bandwagon no-one has even suggested or voted for an alternate target. This could be significant in that it indicates Wolves are happy to lynch Topper, making him a likely human, but the fact that he decided not to even defend himself opens up the possibility of a wolf sacrifice play. Which, if hes human, isn’t very helpful.

I’m perfectly happy with Topper dying today but all things considered I now think hes more likely a human (it’s too early for a sacrifice play), so I’m going to retract my vote and look for an alternate target despite the lack of time to change his fate.


Current Votes

(newest to oldest) (14/17 cast)

6(ish) hours remaining.

OK, made my choice. While there are several very inactive people (@Pendrokar @TerranAmbass @Krishna @King_Cosmos) being too busy to keep up with the thread is not a crime… yet.

So I’m going to aim for someone who has at least been slightly active, but has given minimum input to the thread.

Lomsor,

are you a wolf trying to lay low?

The vast input has been a little overwhelming. So I layed low and tried to keep up as I didn’t really have anything to say.

I agreed with the way to handle the Repair things. So I just agreed without elaborating why. It’s a good and save way and I like the distribution.

I voted Enginish at the start to help get the ball rolling. When votes on Topper increased I didn’t really feel like he’s a wolf. The probability of lynching a Wolf on day one is sadly really low. It is usual for me to keep my vote on the first target on day one, unless something serious comes up.

Also I trust King_Cosmos a little. As he has similar voting patterns to me.

So my bet is still with Enginish.

Edit:
Your inactive list is interesting. Pendrokar and Terran are indeed more silent then they usually are in this stage of the game. Maybe that’s just the contrast of the vast post counts … but still, I agree.

Revoking my vote on Topperfalkon as promised.

I have no idea on who to vote for but I already think that some people are acting quite differently than the last game.

Sorry! No music until saturday alteast :fearful:

I’ve changed my votes twice so far this time around, that’s enough to form a pattern.

I’m certainly not going to disgrace myself further by letting myself be murdered by my fellow humans, nor am I going to stage a final hour bandwagon attempt against anyone I have no adequate proof against.

I was going off the last game’s precedent, where martin provided no instruction on how his role messages are to be interpreted. I’m interpreting it literally until I’m told that’s not actually an option.

Besides, I’m a roleless human, I can’t give you any other info in the first day other than my first abysmal attempt. I can’t defend myself because I can’t do anything more to prove that I am what I say I am, other than to quote my role message directly, which will probably earn me martin’s wrath. Frankly, if you’re going to hold this slip against me for the entire game, I’d rather you all kill me now before I get too invested in caring. I’ll do a better job in the next game, I’m still learning.

I suppose I didn’t actually make this explicit, sorry about that :anguished:

You must be alive at the end of the game to win

After all this is a game about survival! You’re taking down the wolves/psychopaths to survive - if you die then you have failed in that goal.

Last game was a bit weird around the end condition because the vampires could convert everyone to the vampire team (even against their will) and so every person (except one, which would have taken several days to determine) could win. That’s why the ending of last game was a little ambiguous. This game will (hopefully) be much more clear cut!

Ah man, every game someone mentions next game and that gets me thinking about what I can do for the next one. No rest for the wicked :laughing:

4 Likes

In that case, I’m In, I’ll RP as a red fire-mage/priest, and TA did it.

10 replies is much more manageable than yesterday…

In lieu of the growing bandwagon which I do not wish to associate myself with, I have decided not to hop on and vote for Topper. Either way it seems like he’s a goner so my vote at this point is meaningless.

I vote for Pendrokar for his 180 swing from being quite vocal last game to what seems to be laying low this game.

For you rule sticklers:

Pendrokar

im in too! I’ll rp a catfish!

wouldn’t it be funny to have a role that required all of your public postings to be in complete jibberish for some cool power/affect. if you chose not to talk in jibberish you lost your power that day/night. hint hint @martindevans

1 Like

I see, that makes sense.

Ah well.

The remains of the crew finally discussed the repair schedule. They argued back and forth about which systems were most critical and which crewmembers had the necessary expertise to repair each system. Eventually they settled upon a carefully balanced and well thought out schedule: a lottery. After everyone had been assigned a system they released that the day was getting late and soon the ship would automatically transition into it’s nighttime mode, not a good time to be hanging around psychopaths!

Emperor Topperfalkon stepped forwards and declared, “Despite your complete lack of suspicion towards me and my questionable diplomatic mission to uninhabited space I would like to reassure you all that I am most definitely not a prisoner masquerading as a passenger!”. That settled it for the crew, he had to go! Mattk50 and cybercritic grabbed the emperor by the arms and threw him into the nearest escape pod.

Alone in a 5m escape pod Topperfalkon stared out of the small window at a blindingly bright star receding into the distance. Eventually the tumbling of the pod rotated the ship out of view and Topperfalkon was left absolutely isolated - no other humans except those that had condemned him to starve to death, or would he freeze first? He looked at his ornately decorated vibroblade and wondered if he should settle the question of how he would die right now…

It Is Now Nighttime

Topperfalkon has been lynched
The night will be 24 hours, starting from when this post was created

4 Likes

A software engineer, a loner and a musician. Cybercritic, King_Cosmos and Krishna stood in the midst of the engineering section all looking a little lost. Huge pipes covered in ice twisted overhead, a vast drop full stretched into the darkness below and the entire space was filled with a deep rumbling sound which did not give the impression of correctly functioning machinery. After a short discussion about how to properly proceed with fixing up the power system they decided that splitting up would be the fastest way to get the work done; cybercritic would inspect the fusion reactors, King_Cosmos would check the deuterium flow valves and Krishna would check the main power lines and replace any broken power nodes.

Krishna was crawling through a tiny maintenance shaft, pressed up against the main power feed, when he heard the fusion reactor startup sequence. If power began to flow along this line whilst Krishna was still here he’d be electrocuted! He scrambled backwards to the corridor and dropped to safety. He began marching towards the reactor to ask cybercritic what the hell he was doing.

Krishna and King_Cosmos arrived at the reactor at the same time, both looking very angry. Under the deep rumble of the reactor fuel pumps and the humming of the magnetic containment field there was an irregular banging coming from inside the reactor itself - that did not sound safe! They ran over to the reactor control panel and began the shutdown sequence, all the while wondering just where the hell cybercritic was - what kind of idiot started up a fusion reactor and then didn’t hang around to see if the reactor was functioning properly?

After a brief search around the reactor hall they found cybercritic. Around the entry hatch in the side of the reactor there were signs of a struggle; a splash of blood on the wall and a bloodied wrench dropped on the floor. Once they opened the hatch they discovered the burned and broken body of cybercritic - crushed by the overpowering magnetic fields and burned by the startup lasers of the fusion reaction.

Just as the crew was gathering in the engineering control room the entire ship shook once… and again! Klaxons rang out and the lights flickered and dimmed to a dull red glow. The system status board on the wall of the control room indicated two more debris hits on the Deflector shield and the environmental control system.

It Is Now Day 2

Cybercritic has been murdered by the psychopaths
The day will be 48 hours, starting from when this post was created

Deflector Shield Critically Damaged - Failure In 3 Days
Environmental Control Critically Damaged - Failure In 3 Days

2 Likes

Yeah I am vocal when there are a bunch on votes on me. If you meant the first and second day, then me being vocal there was what lead to my ~lynching.

And true I was active when some decided to have Topper lynched, but there would be no gain in having my vote on the bandwagon. Unless he was a psycho, in which case all non-voters will be on the lynch list.

Oh shit that hurt, cybercritic thought as he was waking up inside the fusion reactor. His thoughts not yet free from the cryogenic sleep he had woken up from a few hours earlier. First night and the psychopaths have decided to kill him, maybe that was a gentle compliment, he thought as the start-up sequence was initiating. As the magnetic field strengthened and the plasma was beginning to form, as he started to feel the pain, he hoped that there was a chamber on this cursed ship that could reverse the damage that is about to be done to his body.