The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

Noble reached over, filled a glass, and pressed it gently into Lucas’s hand, staring meaningfully into his eyes. “Here’s to one last night before the end.”

4 Likes

:open_mouth: do want. all of my want.

EDIT: Also, I didnt mean to say that we should start another game immediately, actually I think its good to take a few weeks break to recover from the madness. Still, its so fun… !

Count me in. (Would need to be PC minecraft mind, not XBOX) – I believe there is an infinity minecraft server already? Perhaps if they don’t mind we could set up there.

Id probably be up for the minecraft game. That could be fun, I’d have to remember my login…it’s been ages since I’ve played minecraft!

Triton is confusing at first, but you quickly get the hang of it once you start playing. It works basically as a real time turn based game, just like wolf in a way. Every 24 hours is a cycle, and you get income, money, and experimentation on techs. Every hour is what my group of friends who play call a “tick” Ships are produced, and moves are played. For example, every tick 1 ship will be made on a star, or an order given to a carrier will be carried out. Like “pick up ships at this star, then move to another star” It may take 5 takes to get to that star, 1 tick to pick up the ships, then 6 more ticks to get to star b. Taking a total of 12 hours to get from point A to point C. The object is to control some majority of the stars.

You can customize how long a cycle and a tick are when creating a game, so you can have a fast game or really short games. It’s interesting choosing upgrades between economy, science, and industry. The biggest aspect of the game is diplomacy and creating alliances with allies or backstabbing them for victory. There can only be one victor :stuck_out_tongue:.

When I get back from Australia, I’d be interested in getting a game started if we can get enough players together. So we’ll figure it out then.

Oh yeah, of course. I didn’t think that because I mentioned Xbox that it might come across like I wanted to do this on console. PC would be the only way I could really make it work. I also already have a small server that I would use for something like this.

Is it an app or something? It sounds interesting. I need to google this more.

Where in Australia are you headed?

I didn’t realize people would jump on board so quickly, lol. Well, if there is continued interest I suppose the next step would be to make a sign up page and begin planning the village. There would be a lot of logistics involved with getting a game like this up and running so it would be a few weeks away even at the earliest.

Wow, this post turned out a little longer than I expected!

Damn you!

Begins designing next game

It won’t be, it takes at least a couple of weeks to design a new setup (and that’s a bit rushed with a complex setup like this one). Oh and I have real work to do too occasionally :laughing:

I’d be in for triton/neptunes pride.

I quite like how the days were a lot more active this time around because of all the discussion about what to repair. Also, it created a lot of drama when people misvoted and a lot of tension (for the wolves) when they secretly changed their votes. All in all I like the effect that public system votes had.

Yeah I had an initial game design thrashed out with random ideas listed for the systems and then Lysk posted, so I just decided to go with what I had (i.e. no balance passes on system design at all). Next time I’ll definitely give them some more careful though :stuck_out_tongue:

The answer to those wondering what happens when contradictory things happen is: I have no idea. It didn’t become a problem this game, so I never worked out that particular kink :sweat_smile:

I have previously entirely avoided any RNG in the wolf game (except initial role/alignment distribution of course, which is always 100% random). This game was an experiment to see how a fairly RNG heavy game would go. What do other people think of the randomness?

100% agree.
CQ was meant to be a bit like mastermind, where you gain little bits of information each day and then piece it together to deduce the secret. I think it ended up being a convoluted mess though :frowning:

Hmm, interesting one. I considered giving players access to the systems at the start of the game (just like the normal special roles), so there’s at least one player who knows what every system does.

D’oh. :flushed:

I didn’t clear you off the system repair list when you died.

Count me in!

3 Likes

Ah! I’m sorry I didn’t realize it wasn’t clear.

http://triton.ironhelmet.com/#landing

Just in case you wanted to lose more time in your life to pointless games!

Sydney for the majority of the time and we’re spending a couple days in Canberra at the university. It is a school trip after all, I suppose we should learn something :smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

The Death Throes

6 Likes

I am down for everything lol.

Triton looks like a TON of fun. Lysk and I used to play tons of games like this.

Minecraft wolf game? sure why not!

1 Like

All this make me smile…in a psychotic sort of way…

I have to hand it to Matt, even at that point, it was still more likely that he made a mistake than him be a wolf! He must have sold his soul to the devil :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

It was wishful thinking… I knew. But then Ark voted, and I knew.

4 Likes

Dont you put that on me, Ricky Bobby!

Can I just say that like, ninja edits like 40 posts up from where the current posts on are kind of lame, I mean I understand that like its a legal thing to do currently, but its not really in the spirit of the game. I mean the its pretty much impossible in games like this to go back and check constantly to make sure people did what they said they did. I mean if we are saying this is a space ship and we are all arguing with each other, you wouldnt be able to just like go back in time and change how you voted or whatever, anyways I feel like it isnt really fair to the other players like that. Not that it would have made a difference in any of the games weve played so far, but it really ought to be something looked at it in future iterations of the rules.

There was a lot of discussion during the day, and we are already up into the 560 range of posts(!), so there was a serious information overload on both sides, which I thought was great actually, and I dont think repair votes should be secret or at night or whatever. I think though that the names of the systems should either be more relevant to their purpose, OR, each player should start with information about a system, or even as a member of said system at the start.

I also dislike RNG in general, it takes away from the sneaky plans that people can come up with, and in general is just annoying. I mean, like the MedBay going down to asteroids was pretty lame when it could have been used, etc, things that couldnt be predicted were happening in a game that was already so crazy. It made certain things hard for the humans, but could have hindered either side just as easily, and thats really kind of the reason why Im against RNG in the beginning, is that it can go either way but its in control of no one, so its just luck based, which isnt really in the spirit of TWG, which is about analysis, logic, deceit, and paranoia.

Seconding this.

2 Likes

I vote next game goes back to the original wolf game style, however, everyone has some sort of role. Seer, medic, fighter, jailer, assassin, etc ( NO MASONS ) No complicated shenanigans.

I absolutely agree, when the final wolf plan revolved around ninja edits I thought the same but it’s not against the rules, so I didn’t stop it this time. Next time I think I’ll completely ban editing past posts.

I think those two are mutually exclusive :stuck_out_tongue:

I would actually quite like to do a game where everyone has a special role, but I don’t think it’s likely I can come up with 17 roles without at least one being overcomplex, overpowered or useless!

Last time I tried the vampires to try and give roleless players (the ones most likely to die) a second chance with a pretty interesting role. Obviously this turned out to be a little… controversial.

This time the idea of systems was that no one is intrinsically special and so everyone gets a chance to have a special ability.

Next time I’ll try [redacted] :wink:

3 Likes

The main motivation to not do this is that people will notice the next day, and then you will be lynched. it’s really only good for final pushes near the end of the game. But i do see your point. A simple rule for this would be that a changed vote requires a new post.

i wouldnt go as far as making all edits against the rules though if theres no vote involved, especially since this forum has version history for edits for anyone to see.

1 Like

Banning votes entirely means I just need to keep an eye out for the edit symbol when tallying up the votes. If I allow edits, then I have to check the diff for every single edited post which contains a vote - it takes me long enough to tally up the votes as it is!

1 Like

Killed on the first night, you call this a wolf game? :hankey:

2 Likes

Oh come on…

Propulsion PMs:

And they did as Enginish asked.

“Where were you, Charles!!!.. You abandoned us all!”

Enginish voted for NobleBrutus with a good argument, then switched to Skyentist without an argument.

I expected more from a confirmed human that supposedly analysed the whole thread.

Wolves acted like real humans. Skyentist voted to lynch me twice with good arguments, well done you acted like a human. When Enginish first died I expected a bandwagon to form on me. I guess LucasFIN only made a threat, because he was scared that he would be blamed for the death of a human for voting first.

But I so hate Real Life Issues excuse, it makes you doubt any conclusions you want to make.

Also trying to stay alive makes it hard to work together, As expected Lysk died for pulling his head out.

Martin, great work hosting, how can you even keep up with this is astonishing.

3 Likes

Nice game. Extreme well played by everyone. All my shots misfireds … next would have been Pendrokar … great. Welp.

I really like the systems … system. It was fun and engaging.

Information overload was real! We have threads were we reached this amount of posts in half a year and here we pull it off in … weeks.

Would be on board with both Neptunes Pride and Minecraft Wolf Game. But not on the Forums. That flood of posts and those sneaky wolfs … man, need a break.