The Wolf Game - Exterminatus - Sign Ups Open (11/17)

Every night the person who is killed was definitely imperial (chaos cannot murder other chaos during the night). So as the game progresses you start to gain hard information about who was an imperial. It’s then down to special roles and careless chaos agents.

That doesn’t sound like a lot to go on, but it usually ends quite close to either side winning until the last couple of days as the chaos ramps up and some big event swings it one way or the other.

Psyker it is for me. I’ll see if I can come up with some RP later on (difficult given I’m not that well versed in 40K)

Also, please add your RP advice to the OP, in case it is of any use to anyone considering joining the game

I suppose rping as a deamon isn’t a good idea… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, depends on whether you want to make it through the first night. It wouldn’t be the first time someone’s got lynched based off their roleplay.

Edit:

Whilst I’m at it, summoning @LyskTrevise, @Cise, @mattk50, @LucasFIN/ @LucasFIN1

1 Like

3 Likes

I wonder when the last time that happene…

Oh… oh boy… I don’t know about you folks. But I’m up for playing as a madman

Edit: Why didn’t you add me? Is I’m asteroid not good enough for you? I’m in okay.

I’m in as the slightly homicidal Krieg imperial guard officer. I’ll get to Roleplaying when I’m ready to kill for the emperor.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this. Currently out of town I’ll come up with role play when I get back.

I’m in!

Edit: @Kreydis but you were a wolf! I think it was a good lynch :wink:

I was, but the plan was the dumbest thing I’ve read in a long time honestly. Especially considering the planes and the boat. Also questioning someone literally last hour is some pretty hardcore evil stuff.

My vacation ends tomorrow :confused: I would like to join in but I will probably just end up being very inactive.

I know nothing about WH40K, so…

Another Universe to drop in, I thought that the multi-dimensional gate testing would have been long done by now, but no, it’s still not fit for commercial use. Another damn Universe to collect data in and ensure that no anomalies can cause feedback into our own Universe. I just hope that the dammed administration allows smoking in buildings this time, maybe it’s a plant world, that would be nice, nice and relaxing. Let’s see what is on the other side of this gate, 3-2-1. Multidimensional Engineer

As per usual, I have created a SHA256 from Martins post to be used as a seed for RNG if required, that’s 8 keys, it should be enough. For additional security, the key used will need to have Martin’s first word written after the RNG list has been created appended to it.

SHA256
b0b73dbc a1054f6c f54608c9 8277f6eb 7567a598 595d9fb5 38cdca06 388c6b19

File Used
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32239143/wolf_hash_exterminatus.txt

random.org
https://www.random.org/sequences/?mode=advanced

Ok, a brief summary of the Warhammer 40K universe for those who don’t want to go deep down the rabbit hole of the glorious Imperial history.

====================

We’re in the 41st millennium during which time the Imperium of Man is waging a constant, never ending, galaxy wide war against numerous threats to our galactic dominance and/or our basic survival as a species.

Aside from conventional threats (i.e. aliens that want to eat our faces) there is a powerful element of Chaos in the universe, which is a reflection & concentration of the emotions of all living beings, and Chaos is represented by several Chaos Gods which live in The Warp, which is slightly analogous to Subspace, but it allows for ships to travel within it. That said, The Warp is an exceptionally unstable and dangerous place which can destroy or corrupt ships and the minds and bodies of those within it.

The Imperium of Man - A highly xenophobic, theocratic and authoritarian body that spans literally millions of words and trillions of citizens. Their military has two main divisions, the Imperial Guard, constructed mainly of conscripts from various Imperial worlds, are largely “human” in the traditional sense and are analogues to modern soldiers with somewhat better equipment.

The other division is the Adeptus Astartes, aka Space Marines, genetically engineered supermen who posess astonishingly powerful weapons and who, themselves, are devastatingly powerful. We’re talking about guys who are 7 or 8ft tall, 500lbs of screaming muscle with specially designed organs that allow them insane levels of survivability and massively enhanced combat capabilities.
They traditionally wear powered armor that makes them, literally, walking tanks. The “leader” of the IOM is ostensibly the God-Emperor of Mankind, a super-being and psychic of unimaginable power.

Only problem is he was betrayed and mortally wounded thousands of years ago, and the only way he’s kept alive is in a gigantic device (the Golden Throne) on Earth (known as Holy Terra) which is kept running by feeding it other living psychics (conventionally known as Psykers in this universe) who are gravely mistrusted because they can be easily compromised by Chaos(more on this later).
As such, he’s not exactly an active administrator. His largest contribution now is threefold; he lights the Astronomicon, a psychic guide that allows human ships to navigate the Warp semi-safely, he gives aid to those in battle (generally by possessing them or giving them visions/strength/etc) and he’s constantly fighting the influences of the Chaos Gods of the Warp, trying to keep them from corrupting us all.

Praise be to the God Emperor, for His is the only Light in the vast Dark.

Original rundown here.

====================

Therefore, @Arkenbrien, creating a “demonic” character is out of the question because it is impossible in the current state of events… in a pure roleplay point of view.

Because there is already a chaotic sorcerer (can be any psychic individual, to be fair), any citizen could possibly have been subdued to his/her chaotic taint. Though with his sadistic nature, he often have a preference for trying to corrupt other psychic humans once his/her cult is going strong.

If you want a rundown of possible roleplay characters, I can help in that matter.

3 Likes

So does mine. I’m probably only going to be able to join in outside of work hours (which works fine for me as I’m in the same timezone/country as Martin)

What about a time traveling daemon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, one could imagine that a lesser demon of Tzeentch, Chaos God of Change, could already be summoned on the planet. He’s certainly the one that relishes cunning, schemes and shape-shifting to some extent.

However, you’d still have to play as a seemingly ordinary (or of some importance) imperial citizen to interact with the other players and not be immediatley cut into pieces by the imperials.

Or if you want a “time travelling daemon”, you can always consider roleplaying a “Dr. Who” whose Tardis somehow got him out of his “standard universe”… because you know, people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly… time-y wimey… stuff.

3 Likes

If anyone is a fan of Tarintino films, the hateful eight felt like a movie about a wolf game to an extent. It was a lot of fun to watch and try to figure it out. I recommend it!

If @martindevans doesn’t answer, I could provide you with one that’s either canonical or invented.

Go ahead (with an one invented, preferably). I must admit I don’t actually know the 40K universe really well, it just seemed like a fun TWG setting :stuck_out_tongue:

Discreasion and subtile killings

EXTERMINATUS

I don’t see how they could meld very well in the long run. Short run sure. But long run, planets will be burn to the ground.

4 Likes

Well the whole point of the game is for the Imperials to stop the heresy before the Exterminatus fleet arrives.

Im in!
I have no idea what I should be… So surprise me!
(I have not played before… :P)

1 Like