The Wolf Game - Day 7 Vampires Win!

I considered it (it was actually my plan until a bit ago) but decided against it on the grounds that they both might be human. Plus the chance would have been significant that by lynching for the suspected group of players that voted for them we’d kill too many humans to too few wolves.

Well, if lolsparta4 really was human, my argument for suspicion of enginish falls apart. Xamino could be lying to us about the mechanics of his role, we don’t know the details so we don’t know if he’s human or what, but it seems to be a safe bet to call him human for now. (also why didnt you just shoot his hand or something to see if the bulllet did damage gosh, this RP makes no sense!)

I guess the role rules are secret this game, @martindevans?

Maybe the bandwagon was the wolves trying to defend ark, but if they were the timing doesnt really make sense since the day was supposed to already be over, unless maybe they PM’d martin requesting an extension? If lolsparta4 was human we might as well vote for someone he voted for since he wouldnt be trying to manipulate people, even though he wasn’t the first that voted for either ark or me. And im not about to vote for myself, so, though im not particuarly happy about it, first day lynchings are never concrete, so

Arkenbrien

1 Like

Yep, all roles and how they work are entirely secret.

Wow guys. What the hell. I leave for like 7 hours and we lose a guy (presumed human) and were right back to square one. I am laughing so hard, but so disappointed in us.

Okay, okay. So lets just use our logical brains a little bit. There are 16 players left, 17 started the game (looking at you xamino!) and so I think it is safe to assume about 3-4 wolves started the game, with 4 being a bit on the high side. I might guess three started is more accurate. So I’m going to say: there are three wolves, just on a hunch.

Now to the gun: xamino, what the hell dude?! that is what I have to say about this. I think a smarter choice would have been to wait a couple days until we had someone pinned, and then if we needed a seer-like scan, you could just reveal yourself and offer to shoot them. I’m not convinced by your explanation though. Really, a human role that only kills humans? And of course if you were a wolf you would know who the other wolves are, etc, etc… I dont know. I mean, likely youre a human, but that was a really silly thing you did, man. In my opinion. It also does not absolve you of suspicion, and since you are presumably roleless now I would think that you are just as lynchable as anyone else, though like I said… Probably you are a human. Probably.

@Pendrokar On the subject of my previous Xamino vote, I am going to retract it again, but my explanation for voting for him was simply this: he was a semi-out of the way player who wasn’t in danger of being killed, so I voted him as an excuse to make a lolzy RP post. Thats it. Like I literally just wanted to make lolz-rp and I was reasonably sure Xamino would not die.

Now who to vote for: Like I said before, I have been leaning towards ark being a human, but he has not really contributed much in way of conversation so it is hard to tell anything about him at all, really. I guess it doesnt matter but I had the following PM conversation with him yesterday a couple of hours before the day was supposed to end:

To which he replied simply:

Of course, when someone says “I’m a human” you think in your head “lol, of course you are, of course you are. Sure pal.”

So I’m not sure what to believe about him. I mean its pretty easy to lie and say hes human, and he also has not really given much conversation at all to prove to me he is trying to help the humans, nor to defend himself (which as I pointed out, how can you defend against baseless accusations?). Regardless of any of that, my point before the day extension, which @Pendrokar never responded to, was that he might be a human, but he also might not. We don’t know. There is equal chance of both being true, but we will not know. Moreover, the same is true for ANYONE we lynch today, minus two exceptions that have slightly more chance of being human than wolf due to roles.

In conclusion, Arkenbrien is as good a choice as any, but none of the choices are particularly good.

Accordingly, I have decided that I am not going to vote for now, on the grounds that I will not be able to follow this thread closely until the day ends, and I don’t want my vote to wrongly influence the game whilst I am away at class, although I may find a little bit of time in between classes and such.


EDIT: just for full disclosure, ark did actually edit his PM shortly after he sent his original message, which is quoted above to the following message:

1 Like

[quote]Arkenbrien, sensing that the crowds were once again turning on him, replied to Trevis:

Well what did you expect me to say? Hey guys, I’m a big, bad werewolf and I killed your stupid guest (he was really tasty)?

And you, Xamino, why didn’t you just take a silver bullet and shoot him in the leg?!?!?
[/quote]

BTW, touchpad failed me on sending that message. I meant to send the last message @LyskTrevise posted from me, but I moved my cursor, and accidentally sent the message. Not sure if that helps, but that’s my story.

What. Ok. I’m done for I guess. I think you found me annoying enough to not just shoot me in the leg. :smile:

4 Likes

Ark, I didn’t mean to imply that your PM was somehow incriminating. If I was in your shoes I would have replied exactly the same way. However, it is a question of which shoes you are in, isn’t it? A wolf and a regular human would likely reply in the same manner.

My point was this: it leaves us no closer to any conclusions about your true alignment. That’s it.

1 Like

Yeah, just posted for RP stuff.

Just as my final note before I leave, I’m really worried about people like @Topperfalkon @Krishna @Skyentist @King_Cosmos @Cise @Lomsor (might be like one or two others im not sure) as they have not really contributed much to our conversation, if at all. As you all know, discussing things, even if they seem useless to discuss at the time, leads to human victory. So get posting, even if they are just preliminary thoughts.

2 Likes

The reason I haven’t posted is because I live in Europe and have been sleeping and working for the last 20 hours or so:) (while I do read the forums at work I don’t really feel like spending time playing the wolf game in office)

However, the recent events have been unexpected to say the least. Overall I agree with Lucas; people constantly changing votes for shady reasons doesn’t help us. It only makes it harder to see any possible wolf-pattern. This may be a plan for the wolves, although unlikely this early in the game. Arkenbriens defense (or lack thereof) seems pretty much like a wolf to me. I mean, defending himself wildly didn’t go very well for lolsparta4.

I don’t really know what to think for the moment, but I’m leaning towards Xamino and matt50k being wolves and/or siblings/lovers. Lolsparta4’s defense makes me think that he either knew something, or had a role which made it possible for him to get information. Thus the easiest way for someone who want to keep his/her or a friends identity hidden is to simply shoot him (going around doctors/guardians).

Thus I’m switching my vote for Xamino

Krishna dropped his pint of ale (his twelfth that day) to the floor when the loud shot was fired. He saw lolsparta4 sprawl to the ground in a pool of blood, hitting a table and breaking a chair in the fall.
“What?!” The hunter said with surprise in his eyes. “Ok, I’m done for I guess.” He groaned as his mouth started filling with blood. He spat it out and made a grim smile. “I think you found me annoying enough to not just shoot me in the leg”.
As lolsparta4 died, Krishna stood up and pointed at the direction of the shooter Xamino.
“There he is!”, he spluttered. “The murder is right there! Seize him!”

1 Like

“I did not have a silver bullet,” Xamino explained to the surrounding people, shrugging. “And the bullet will only kill if I shoot them in the heart, so I can’t just hit a leg. Really, that should be obvious. Any more questions?” He replaced the now empty handgun back in his habit. “Now the only thing remaining is to lynch someone since lolsparta4 was obviously innocent. But who?”

There, some RP for why I shot him in a deadly fashion. :stuck_out_tongue:

Say what you want about me using my ability right away on the first day, but at least grant me that it has gotten people talking. Which was kind of the point.

I’m still cautious about jumping on any of the two bandwagons, but of the two, I think mattk50 is the more suspicious based on his voting pattern. Since Krishna is trying to get my lynched however…

Krishna

Voting situation update:

Arkenbrien - (6) by: Cise, Skyentist, NobleBrutus, cybercritic, Pendrokar, mattk50
Mattk50 - (3) by: Topperfalkon, Arkenbrien, TerranAmbass
TerranAmbass - (2) by: Lomsor, King_Cosmos
Enginish - (1) by: LucasFIN
Xamino - (1) by: Krishna
Krishna - (1) by: xamino

Topper gazed pensively at the fading corpse of lolsparta. He wondered how many more people were going to have to die tonight.

It seemed senseless, but the townspeople were baying for blood. The smart move would be to not randomly kill one of the remaining humans, but to set a trap to catch the 'wolves in the act.

The townspeople seemed set on lynching Arkenbrien, but there isn’t enough wrong with his story to suspect him. If anything, the crazy man in the well had earned more suspicion by claiming to hold some special role. Regardless, Topper had been pressed for a choice. The townspeople had decreed that a tie in the votes would save everyone’s neck for that night, so he’d voted to try and make that happen. Whilst a lot of accusations and vote changing had been made over the course of the day, the situation remained the same, and thus his vote, for the time being, remained unchanged.

Roleplay aside, my lack of activity is partly down to being in work, and partly due to having to prepare for a wedding I’m going to this weekend.

(Also I forgot to set the topic as Watching, which would have email notified me of updates, which I have now done)

I’m a bit wary that we’re risking losing two humans today (and a third if the wolves make a kill), yet I don’t think we’ve got much information out of it. I voted for @mattk50 initially to try and make a tie (day one bandwagons don’t really make sense to me), and given the current situation, I think it’s more important now that we have a tied outcome. It’d stop the wolves influencing the outcome too, because a last minute tie-break would immediately implicate them.

Though the above depends on my understanding from @martindevans’ post that a tied vote (it wasn’t specified how many ways it must be tied) would result in no lynching, and that LucasFIN’s tally is correct at time of posting.

And speaking of wedding preparations, I need to buy half a suit. I’ll chime in later if I beat the day’s end (though I probably wont) and more stuff’s happened.

Regarding ties it’s pretty simple: The single person with the most votes dies. If two or more people are tied for the most votes then nobody dies.

If I must defend my posting habits, @LyskTrevise, I was worried something like this would happen. I’m sure right now the wolfs are laughing their asses off. We’re doing their job for then. Statistically we are likely to accidentally lynch a human tonight. The wolfs will get an easy kill on a human tonight. To top it all off we killed one of our own before the first day is even out!

This is my first day playing by text, I’m used to playing in person where things move a bit faster and you rely heavily on visual cues as well. I didn’t figure there was much point In me stirring the pot on this first day madness when we don’t know anything. I had initially suspected @lolsparta4 as a possible wolf, but we saw how that turned out. I wasn’t confident in that assertion so I kept it I myself rather than add a lot of pointless, and possibly harmful, speculation. I’ll try to post my thoughts more in the future, but until I know more I’d prefer to move slowly and not jump the gun.

If you want my opinion on the current state of affairs, @Arkenbrien defense seems paper thin against some of the other people who have been accused thus far. I’d hazard to write him off just yet, but it appears to be a safer vote than any of the other bandwagons gaining traction at this point. However, I don’t really have any real way of knowing at this point. I fear the extension has made everyone a little stir crazy and useless accusations are just being thrown around at this point.

Anyways, like I said, I’ll try and contribute my thoughts a little more in the future.

@martindevans You need to update the map with moar blood. :wink:

I realized I hadn’t made a prologue track for the soundtrack. Here it is.

3 Likes

Reminds me of Resident Evil. Just awesome! :slight_smile:

As the sun began to fall low in the sky the mob began to get nervous, it was never a good idea to stay outdoors late at night with werewolves on the prowl! Eventually fear overcame them and the mob began to close in on Arkenbrien. “No, no wait, it was Mattk50, it’s obvious because…”, the rest of his defence was cut off in a rain of kicks and punches. Eventually, once Arkenbrien stopped trying to defend himself and was just writhing on the floor in the agony of 50 broken bones, cybercritic and LyskTrevise picked him up, threw him into one of the freshly dug graves and pushed the mound of dirt on top of him.

It Is Now Nighttime - Arkenbrien Is Dead

All people to whom it applies, please send in your nighttime roles quickly. The next day will start in 24 hours or once I have received all votes (whichever comes first).

Martin, just for clarification, are we allowed to roleplay what we are doing during the night, etc?

EDIT: I ask because Lance Darkenwald is out on a stroll, he dont give a firetruck about no werewolves. Like, I don’t know if you guys have seen Van Helsing, but that vampire was a boss. Like it would take one hell of a werewolf to kill Lance, thats all i’m saying. (and hes totally a vampire. probably… yeah. totally.)