ARRIVAL - OFFICIAL TRAILER B [HD]
I might actually try to watch this one in theater, it has a very strong “Day the Earth Stood Still” vibe about it, and “could” take a different look at a first contact scenario… I’ll expect a few cliche’s though 
Thank God
Hurray Trump he won the election![]()
Yes, no more proxy wars against russia hopefully. Glad I am not living in a possible nuclear holocaust zone anymore (germany). 
Another one lost to the endless depths of audio …
Kidding. Sounds like good choices.
So apparently the ModMics sounds bad on most onboard ADCs. Including mine. I can’t get enough gain out of it without some verry annoying static. Switching to an external ADC seems to help for most. I’m quite interested how that Creative box is performing. Didn’t hear a lot about them.
As I allready ordered a DAC … so after some searching I topped it of with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Generation … it’s getting out of hand for me …
I swear I stop now … at least for a few months. Damn static … it’s just too quiet in my room.
Interesting. I’ll test it all out and get back to you.
I was searching for a DAC+amp/ADC+preamp combo but found my options were very limited.
I was contemplating getting separate Fiio e10k and Scarlett Solo but for £86.48 from Scan I appear to be getting something that should be able to do both. We shall see.
Which ModMic do you have? 4.0 Omni?
Yes the Omni with Mute switch. It’s alright but I really want as clear sound as possible especially as the omni is supposed to sound really good and from most reviews also did. I only found out about the static issue after googling it and some people managed to fix it with a simple small USB sound card … this guy has a view reviews of such combo thingies … other manufacturers should start to put ADCs into their DACs and make them more versatile.
Are they combo thingies? I thought the monitor headphone output on those was just for listening to what is going into the microphone inputs? ie The USB was just input to the computer, not output.
Am I wrong? On the Scarlett Solo are you able to output sound from your PC through the Solo’s headphones?
Yes acording to the reviews you are able to do that. With the “combo thingies” I was more referencing USB soundcard sticks and the above mentioned youtubers reviews of a lot of them but he also reviewed a lot of interfaces, which I guess also fit the description. The problem with the interfaces is that they mostly draw all their power from the USB lane and, especially when using phantom power microphones, don’t have enough left for a decent amp, so some of those have problems outputting loud enough audio. I would suggest watching this to get a feal of it:
We both have a solution now though … I look forward to hear from the results. I’ll post mine once I got everything set up.
The headphones DT990 Premium have arrived and I’ve plugged them directly into my work laptop (a Dell Latitude E6540). They sound great.
Comfort wise my first impression isn’t great. They’re about 20 times heavier than my crappy work headset and most of that weight is right on the top of my head.
I’ve padded them to the left and right so the centre of the headband doesn’t actually touch my head and they feel better now. I expect I’ll get used to them.
The sound card and ModMic (and GFX card) arrive later this afternoon.
Connected up the Sound Blaster, headphones and mic and I’m really happy with the quality.
A bit of extra padding and I’ve been happily wearing the headphones for a few hours.
Grab me on Discord if you want to hear my mic quality. @The_Sane thinks it sounds pretty good.
Soo … the Scarlet Solo arrived today. Really beautiful design and build quality. Such a nice box. Not much use of it on top of my second speaker between my two screens though. 
And … fail. Apparently the ModMic needs power to run and the Scarlet Solo “Line In/Instrument” of course does not provide such … after some further research I found this to be the solution. Also according to the comments on this video even with a decent connector the ModMics perfomance isn’t really that great, we’ll see … . I could also solder such a connector myself, but honestly, I don’t want to put more time into this, I rather lash out even more money
.
What I start to learn from this is that one should actively look for negative reviews of such hardware. Go to Google, enter hardware + static or other similar problems …
. If in the end it is a little better I’m happy, as it did work with my sound card … just not to the extend I hoped. We’ll see if it exceeds that exception in the end. 
A SAM launcher simulator (apparently free).
And I thought farming was niche…
Those are gorgeous, what did you take that with?
I noticed the other day that the moon was a sliver of rust color. It felt like cyberpunk watching its reflection in waves and next to venus and rising Capricorn.
Thanks. I took them with a Canon 450D. Saw it happening and grabbed and shot … thus they are a little noisy.
Anyone here interested or do glitch art?
show us! Thats cat clock spooks me well!
![]()