The Expanse (TV show on Syfy)

Season 2 Episode 4

So that huge O’Neill cylinder is bearing down on Eros then, at the last minute the entire asteroid rapidly changes course. Okay, forgetting for a moment the thrust that might take how is it that Miller didn’t feel that acceleration. He even asked how it was the ship changed course and didn’t even know that it was him that was changing course.

Umm… Netflix has picked it up, but (in the UK at least) licensing is a bitch and SyFy aren’t broadcasting here yet.

It’ll probably be available on Netflix all at once after the season has finished, rather than week by week.

Season 2 Episode 4

He should have. I guess it’s some magic alien movement system.

Back to back viewing via netflix or other means is the best way to watch the show I think. If you have 13 hours to spare to watch season 2 all at once :slight_smile:

I do like the show and how they use gravity as part of the story telling (said this before). Dark Matter is also a show I like, has just a little feel of ‘Firefly’ about it at times, as does the lower budget Killjoys. Both worth watching…back to back of course.

Plus a few good one’s in the pipeline [LINK]. Including the mini-series ‘3001: The Final Odyssey’. finally its going to be made, finally!

It has no sense of humor, though, and relies almost exclusively on a long over-arching plot line where nothing ever seems to get resolved, and the characters are all pretty boring.

I miss caring about actual characters on TV shows rather than some nebulous ‘big picture’ set of stakes that aren’t even explained until one episode before a season finale.

Hang on…

[rant about terrible writing in television.]
‘Shroud person in mystery from the past’ seems to be the current go-to shortcut to disguise the fact people are just bad actors and/or have zero interesting character traits as a person in what they’re doing that’s shown in the show’s ‘present’.

‘Look at all these blank slates who may or may not be interesting’ because of things the show didn’t show you but hinted about that one time and will probably show in another bloody flashback (ugg). How exiting. ¬_¬

This isn’t a complaint about the expanse specifically, pretty much all TV shows do this now.
[/rant about terrible writing in television.]

Ahh. That’s better.

1 Like

Just watched all 13 Episodes of The Expanse season 2, back to back in one session. What a great story playing out, the next Battlestar Galactica for sure. I love they use gravity as a story telling device. Spin gravity and thrust gravity (The Epstein Drive). Some pretty big and exciting things started to happen very early on in the season.

Love the space base, (Domes) on Ganymede, the bread basket of the belt.

Actually, both this show and Infinity: Battlescape both share the one solar system. In the show The Expanse they often ask the ships computer to display the system, as in that planets system, like the Jovian system of moons etc to calculate various orbits when around Ganymede.

I guess in 100-200 years we will have ships AI taking care of all this with just a few voice commands.

Very good show. And renewed for season 3. I wouldn’t be surprised if its auto-renewed for season 4 and 5 as well on the strength of the viewing ratings and online feedback on the show. There are plenty of books and detail to use so I read… I’ve not listened to the audio books although I do have them all. So the whole story is new to me, just how I like space Sci-Fi.

Did anyone notice the cameo in the last episode by Adam Savage: Link to his tested channel where you can see some of his ‘Expanse’ TV show set visits. (look back 1-2 weeks)

(Some minor spoilers below so beware)

A good read this blog here LINK about the space ships of the Expanse books.

2 Likes

I just finished the 4th book and I have the 5th waiting to start. It gets so good I’m really excited to see how and where the show will go. As it stands, I haven’t seen all of season 2 of the show but only up to the fate of Eros(hopefully that’s pretty ambiguous and spoiler free) but I saw a commercial and I’m pretty sure I know where season 2 ends. It’s only half way through the second book! They have so much potential in future seasons to go into detail and really nail the books and the great story it tells.

3 Likes

I wish they’d hurry the hell up and get the second season onto Netflix already

3 Likes

It would make my life easier to watch it on netflix too. Dealing with the commercials on the syfy channel website is reaaaaally annoying considering they’re streaming it and I already pay for their service on tv.

Spinning Asteroids To Make Space Stations - Scott Manley discusses

(Some minor season 1 & 2 spoilers)

The Rocket Science of 'The Expanse’

2 Likes

Scott Manley discusses - How Fast Are Spaceships In ‘The Expanse’?

(Some minor season 2 spoilers)

1 Like

“The Expanse” Writer interview

So I just finished season 2 the other day, and this is easily one of my favorite scenes in the series.

Now I really want to move to mars… heh, for the Martian Congressional Republic!!!

7 Likes

All those pretty bodys sweating in armors that pretty hot in ganemede.

But shuttt… no spoils

3 Likes

The Expanse’ Renewed For Season 3

7 Likes

Fantastic news. My favourite sci-fi show for many a year. Hopefully this will get me over the fact that Dark Matter was cancelled.

Dark Matter, ah that sucks big time. I really liked the show a lot. Killjoys has been renewed for two more seasons already. I like Killjoys, kind of lower budget but good anarchic steampunk-ish fast fun with with a touch of Firefly and a few other older shows

But the fans and Joe Mallozzi couldn’t save Dark matter getting it picked up elsewhere.

The sets and props are not being auctioned off, they’re being given away. Read this blog post below.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/09/28/september-28-2017-big-dark-matter-fan-announcement/

1 Like

:rotating_light: spoiler alert :slight_smile: 3 battles ! on this channel :rotating_light:
https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmNmCta7K7qC3XD48XXyeCu2kqAR9x1w5magL7QGP7HY4r&channel=6993

3 Likes

I’m waiting to watch all 10 episodes (season 3) back to back in one session at night. Best way to consume this show.

1 Like

The Expanse cancelled, season 4 to be shopped around

“This season of The Expanse will be its last on Syfy, but Alcon will try to find another outlet for its critically acclaimed space drama.”

Hopefully Netflix or Amazon or even Hulu will pick it up. Its got great fan base and viewing figures, its hard to fathom why SyFy has done this. Fingers crossed for Netflix, then we get whole season dumps at the same time.

2 Likes