Rough draft #2 of our Kickstarter reward tiers

Now that’s something hard to resist. What will it’s body be? just a procedural planet on a spring?

Ahem…

Procedural planets have feelings too ya know!

6 Likes

Turtles… all the way down…

4 Likes

Infinity: Discworld…I like the sound of that :smiley_cat:

Also:
Whaaaaaaaaaa?

3 Likes

It’s…IT’S…

Prepares to repeatedly smash refresh button :smiley:

2 Likes

https://www.inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

5 Likes

1 Like

Will the credits all be listed on a page in the game with thousands of names on it or just on the web site? If it is on the web site you might want to mention that.

I still think that the “bronze, silver and gold” supporter badges are a bad idea. A “bronze” badge seems to mark a player out as a lower class citizen.

This needs caution, I’m not sure what the problem is but backers of Elite Dangerous are still waiting for their digital art book. That suggests it’s more complex than just putting a bunch of images together.

Seems like a lot of work for something only a relatively small number of players will see and an even smaller percentage will actually care about. I’d move this down to the $100 pledge level to pad that out a bit.

My guess is that they’ve already figured out a way to do this, because this was a sudden implementation.

Even if that’s the case (and it sounds likely) I feel it would fit better at the $100 level.

I think having it at the “Developer Access” tier makes sense.

@INovaeKeith Please can we have a button to re-generate our bobble planet while we’re in-game?

I suggest going with ship class badges instead, “fighter class badge” “frigate badge” corvette badge" honestly i wouldnt even want a bronze badge.

1 Like

I be like…

3 Likes

Some people may perceive ‘fighter’ as a more desirable badge than ‘frigate’ or ‘corvette’.

Why not just ‘Backer’, ‘Beta’, ‘Alpha’ badges?

I totally agree that (Bronze, Silver, Gold) feels like (sub-sub-average, sub-average, good) rather than (good, extra-good, extra-extra-good) which is what it should feel like.

Obviously we don’t want people to feel like lower class citizens but the higher tiers should of course be perceived as more desirable, and I don’t see a problem with the badge being part of that.

2 Likes

why not start with gold and go from there…

my suggestion:

gold
platinum
printer ink

7 Likes

The whole thought of bronze, silver and gold badges seem to be played out. When I say played out, I mean boring! Not so much those specfic ones alone but medals as the differentiator between each of the next reward levels/tiers altogether.

Some say weeks, some say days. But the most of projects that answered this question say it took a few days to a week to get an answer from Kickstarter after submitting a project. However, KS can ask for changes to fit the guidelines which means another submit, and another approval.

So what is the response for AngryMarine’s idea:

The point and click on any star in 2010 Infinity Tech Demo seemed like an unprecedented feature. This would also work well as an easter egg, in that the distance in lightyears could still be shown, but that the ship the player is in doesn’t have an interstellar drive or has even been requested/ordered (coming soon). Though I guess some would mistake it as an I:B interstellar expansion teaser.

1 Like

I think this is what I’d prefer. A decal that read “Alpha Team” would appeal to me.

2 Likes

I’d like a pair of buttons that allow me to choose my bobble planet. One button for next, one for previous. Otherwise, don’t change the bobblehead appearance.

Make sure it’s a separate mode. I wouldn’t want to be trying to click on a distant ship and keep selecting stars.

Ditto.