This is a super cool video. Sucks I’ll not be one of those little passengers you see at the start of the video.
I think hutch beat ya to it 
I know, I just wanted to post it again. The video presses all my buttons!
Interesting bit at the end with the spinning Mars turning into a transformed planet.
How would we go about solving the problem of a new magnetic shield for the planet, that is going to take some creative thinking surely for the people of that era. Else the atmosphere would just leak off.
Heat it a up a little and see what water appears, eventually. 100’s of years I’m guessing.
In the case of brevity it’s not really necessary in the short term. It would take hundreds of thousands of years to lose any significant portion of atmosphere.
What I mean is let’s say we give it an atmosphere in the next century. Itll take many thousands of years before it loses it. We can add atmosphere faster than it loses it. Not really an issue
And what about solar flare radiation/particles. How to protect from that. Bio domes and some sort of suits, for a long time I would guess. Bio domes half in the side of valleys and craters.
Yep, sucks to miss all that. But good to actually see these things start to unfold, finally!
If Donald Trump choose the rocket launch will be successful
So they have a working engine and a real size carbon fiber tank for it too! Wow!
EDIT: As in, actually built, not only as concepts. 
It is impressive, 2002 with nothing but ideas and money, and then 2016 landing like Sci-Fi
The questions are, with a few notable exceptions, very stupid. No one stays on topic, instead they’re making it all about themselves.
I find that very frustrating, they’re basically wasting his time. I want some serious questions!
I’m right there with you 
Could be so much better it’s very frustrating. Ask about adapting raptor into a falcon based launch vehicle or something.
Edit: Home on my laptop now…I missed a few bits here and there when heading under the bridge but I got the gist. It looks like a fantastic plan.
Some highlights for those not watching:
Can I come up there and give you a kiss?
Ugh.
WIll Mars be a dusty shitstorm?
Strange way to ask about sanitation.
Can I give you a gift?
Really? Really?! No question!
EDIT: At this point a group of school children could pose better questions!
You forgot one!
Will you support a funny or die sketch?
Maybe screening the questions before hand would of been a better way to go.
Very inspiring to watch though the stream as a whole.
I’d go one way and never return if I could, but maybe not the first few flights. But certainly once a base or three are established. I could be part of the base service staff, cleaning suits and helmets and making equipment ready. I’d do that without a second thought.
Definitely would have been a better way…
Mars related stuff can go the Mars thread here:
Well, at least this was nice: first ship that goes to Mars may be named Heart of Gold – currently Elon Musk’s favorite name. 
Don’t forget that the booster will also have 42 engines 
And it’s done. Elon sure took the fast way out of that last question.
Audio must have been bad on the stage.
Elon doesn’t really want to go on the first mission. I don’t blame him, the probability of death is fairly high.
I wonder how much more investment and donations this live stream will generate.