Roberts Space Industries - Star Citizen

After years and years of delays and pay to win ship selling schemes, the last thing that comes to mind is ‘trust’. ‘Denial’ and/or ‘incompetence’’ would be more accurate.

DS writes

And interesting back story he writes.

1 Like

Ay Caramba! Had no idea it was that bad!!! Of course you do have to read between the lines because it is quite clear DS has an ax to grind, which is why he mentions ‘allegations’ of sexual misconduct - allegations are not the same as being found guilty of something or officially charged; what’s more, this is the internet…there are even allegations that Donald Trump is the second coming. Of course his evidence of another active supporter actually being charged with pedophilia is disturbing as it reflects poorly on the community - not to mention the death threat DS received.

It is interesting that DS backs up his commentary with a lot of links so I would have to say it was a pretty accurate piece overall. What’s more, after having dealt with Ben Lesnik personally, I’m not at all surprised by his racist, homophobic remarks and how low he is willing to sink. But I would have to draw the line at intentional scam on CR’s part DS is asserting. Personally I believe CR just got in too deep and now is desperately trying to right the SC ship; unfortunately, no matter what he does from this point, it is too little too late.

Star Citizen: October Subscriber’s Town Hall - inc TLDR and full summary - forums.frontier.co.uk

2 Likes

He could have at least referenced where he copy & pasted it from :confounded:

AROUND THE VERSE: EPISODE 3.11 + TLDR - forums.frontier.co.uk

1 Like

New video from Maj. Tom

3 Likes

If anyone thinks the video is funny, they should read the comments - hysterical!

This around the verse has some interesting PG info from the dev that developed it in the engine.

Very nice chapter. Finally some insights! Yeah, Frankfurt/Germany, home of PG :slight_smile:

Intersting to see the different iterations and stages of the planet implementations. The planet features come along nicely and it looks really good. Planet rotation made it in, clouds affecting surface shadowing, godrays if I’ve seen right at the sunset scene, and looks like they move on to volumetric clouds next. Very impressive work in that period of time of the Frankfurt guys…

The sandstorm insights were also interesting, however I wonder how they will make it work in a multiplayer scenario, or better saying, when somebody watches the storm for far away or above. It looks impressive when being close, but when the camera is far away it seems it still requires a lot of work.

PS: Have to watch the last part closer where they describe how they handle 64bit positioning before rendering. Looking at 19:50 it seems they’ve also been using the cubesphere and quadtree techniques to create the planetary surface and organize the data. You can clearly see the split of planes 1 into 4 at that section. Looks we’re on the right track over at the Procedural Terrain Rendering thread :wink:

2 Likes

Star Citizen - Fly Free This Weekend (Oct 28th)

3 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Just played it a bit. Have to say it is a bit buggy. Also missed the Anti-aliasing option.

2 Likes

3 Likes

DS writes - 2nd Nov.

1 Like

If I were CR, I would sue DS for all the blatant lies! Especially with all those sources DS keeps going on about. Wait, maybe not such a good idea given the truth would come out in a court of law…guess that’s why they didn’t follow through on suing the Escapist. :wink:

Man has a point. I pointed out as much when they did the 3.0 reveal. I’m glad I’m not following SC that closely, because CitizenCon followed by the ship sale campaign was a massive fucking insult.

2 Likes

DS writes - 3rd Nov

2 Likes

[quote]That’s TWO MILLION dollars. Not even close to the budget for games such as Dual Universe and Battlescape Infinity which are doing bona-fide procedural generation of planets.

[/quote]

Not even close… If only. :’(

2 Likes