Speech:
I was going to rewrite one of the speeches from the trilogy, but they weren’t really the best part of the books in my opinion.
So here something almost original except for the first sentence. So, does that qualify?
Speech:
I was going to rewrite one of the speeches from the trilogy, but they weren’t really the best part of the books in my opinion.
So here something almost original except for the first sentence. So, does that qualify?
That qualifies. Thank you 
This is the part that makes me uneasy. There were great things in this lore. I can see how parts here and there could be improved and/or polished, of course, or simply be changed, but for the most part, it had struck a pretty great narrative balance IMHO. There are quite a few elements I hope will make it, among which:
Three “gray” cores, with different upsides and downsides each (and always granting at least some freedom):
But I digress…
Rebooting makes sense, given the change in focus, and that the frontier between “official” content and fan consensus was sometimes hard to pinpoint.
We have reached 25/100 members. Hooray! 
Maybe we can have that logo art challenge once we hit 100/100.
Note to new nominees: If you have been nominated then please give a short answer whether you will accept or decline the nomination. That way we will know when to consider all the willing old guard to have joined. 
To know if you have been nominated (not all nominees have been tagged) check this post where I have collected all the nominees so far.
I graciously accept my nomination for this great honour.
The first hundred shall be renowned for time immemorial.
That Logo Challenge will be fun. Will probably participate ![]()
I suggest something like this (maybe even with profile pictures) as another representation of the member list …
Pro is: It doesn’t have ordering and thus is “Equalizing”.
[quote=“INovaeGene, post:60, topic:575”]It could be too confusing to the influx of newcomers that will be needed to actually succeed with the crowd funding if the old forums are featured.
[/quote]
I agree and don’t suggest it should be in any way ‘featured’. Maybe just make a stripped down version of the database available for download, perhaps just in the Leader’s Lounge?
Sure. I can then add it into the first post.
But first we need all those 100 names. 
Original forum member number 8 reporting in 
The first two members were both accounts belonging to Flavien. Of the other first ten members I think only number 5 (I can’t remember his name) was the only other member that posted fairly regularly.
I graciously accept my nomination 
Mostly been lurking since the new forums went online. Slowly getting back into 3dmodeling now though, so I should be able to join the art challenges soon!
A lot of what you’ve mentioned is really valuable for the MMO, but considering the current scope of Battlescape is undefined, the scope of the included lore needs to be undefined as well.
For instance, if they’re only able to afford to include SFC ships, extended, public discussions about the other two factions is liable to confuse newcomers who might come to expect all three factions represented in game. Plus, if there’s only SFC ships included, it would necessitate the inclusion of an SFC civil war which doesn’t really get mentioned in the timeline(s).
Oh, yeah, and there’s the fact that there are multiple timelines. And there was a third (based on the second) in development at one point. That’s pretty messy.
Leaving the lore in public like that while they’re still trying to figure out how expansive of a game they’ll be able to make is a dangerous game, since lore, in part, is going to have to give way to Battlescape’s gameplay realities. There’s no reason for the baby to be thrown out with the bathwater or anything like that, but what bits of lore are salvageable (and I wager the majority of it is) really should be held back and introduced in a more controlled manner, if for no other reason than to control expectations.
Ah thank you kindly 
Despite my low post count I do peruse the forums and new posts on a daily / bi-daily basis… I’m really just a stalker. Can’t wait for some voice conversations once game-release though, talking whilst gaming is always more fun!
So this is why I shouldn’t lurk for like 7 (probably more like 6-5 when I think about it, hard to remember when I first found out about infinity) years then, well I guess I can just blame myself (unless someone wants me :< )
Would love to be able to apply though I can understand if my lack of comments makes me unwanted ^^
Thank you! I gladly accept the invitation.
Hi friends,
I humbly accept your nomination, LucasFIN.
I have not been around in recent months in part due to school life, and in part due to, what seems to me to be, a lack of progress with the game. In the past, I held the opinion that the forums here were simply a way to be part of a community, until the game was released. Now I’m not so sure what it is, as “the game” (whatever that means anymore) seems to be perpetually under development, with no end in sight.
As an example of this, when you click on the “Infinity Battlescape” section of the website… you see a logo, and thats it. I understand there is more work to be shown, I’ve seen some of it on the I Novae facebook and etc, like the planetary ring video, and theres some ships I guess being worked on. My stance on that stuff is this: Dude, we’ve seen your planetary rings before. We’ve had fantastic community ships finished and ready. Where is a gameplay video? Where is flavien and keith blasting the ever living crap out of each other with giant ass battleships in a solar system or whatever it is were supposed to be able to do now?
Anyways, you see where I’m coming from, and it is frustrating, because I so want this to be a reality, and I have no doubt in my mind that the developers do as well, more than anyone, but I would say to them that patience does not last forever. I personally have been a member of the Infinity community for eight years, possibly closer to nine (which admittedly is, for me, almost literally half a life time at 22), and to continue on in that manner with nothing to show for it but a 2 minute video of some rocks put to music is laughable at best, which is in no way meant to undermine the effort that went into those rocks. They are fantastic rocks. But it takes I Novae simply too long.
That being said, I logged in today to kind of check in, and only kind of stumbled upon this thread by chance and saw my name was in it. I may be around, I may not. Either way, when something tangible is here, I will be playing it along with you all, and I very much look forward to that.
Cheers,
Lysk
The development of Infinity Battlescape (“The Game”) will commence upon the completion of a successful crowd funding campaign. A game has never been in development it terms of applied resources. A game engine along with the tools has been in development, along with a lot of art prototyping. I think what many on the old forums (even some on the current forums) confuse as game development is/was actually developer/community discussion concerning a game to be made upon completion of the game engine, which is pretty much the current state of affairs. Completion to the point to which the proposed product, Infinity Battlescape can be developed. As many of you know, a game engine is always under development especially one such as INE, as more features will be required for the desired goal of an MMO.
Another misconception, this was never the case. I inspected every art asset the community contributed, there were only a handful at best that were somewhat “ready”. Said assets still needed quite a bit of developer attention/rework, and once the engine was rewritten with the new material system, the tri-counts updated etc, that past work (just like the past art team works) became obsolete.
There is no playable demo for the new engine yet. However, development on that will commence soon, and we hope to have videos to share with everyone.
I’m sorry to say it, but that is still an “IF”. We might be here a year or two down the line and be talking about how the development funding contract from some publisher is just one signature short. 
I’d assume, the point of crowdfunding is to avoid the said publisher. 
But yes, as grim as it may sound, the game from an outsider’s perspective is as close to starting development as it was five years ago. We don’t know what your set goals are on the engine, and how close you are to said goals, because we get very limited information. Not that I think this is the case, but I can’t blame anyone who wants proof that the engine is not going to be in development forever. (*Sigh, I know “engines are in development forever”, but you have to start the game at some point.)
We need the crowd funding to be successful to build a game yes, hence the reason why we are spending a great deal of effort making the campaign as good as we possibly can.