[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

Oh, we always have cookies! :cookie:

(Didn’t actually realise Discourse had a cookie emote)

Sadly I have the same feelings about IRC as you do about forums. I have nothing wrong with it in principle, but I’ve never found a client I was very happy with. Oh, you might like to check out our Discord (Text and VoIP, like a less shitty Skype) server as well. :smile:

1 Like

Discord is a nice blend between Skype or Slack and TS3. Very, very handy little website/program/app.

1 Like

Yeah we’ve been using it for about a month now and for the most part it works pretty well.

Except neither work well for group text. http://discord.gg works well with text in a group setting. I guess my only question about it is: does it have IRC bindings? XD

Where am I? Why am I here? Who woke me from my slumber! This better be good. I need more sleep. I really do.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean? Skype/TS3 are bad at group text, that’s true. Slack/Discord are made for it.

What do you mean ā€œIRC bindingsā€ā€¦ Slack has a very nice API for webhooks and other stuff. Discord is eventually bringing that stuff in. If you mean /join/part/me/ban/etc, I’m not aware of any that are shared with IRC besides the /me and it looks kinda dumb imo.

Close it @LucasFIN, it is time. : )

2 Likes

closed at the announcement already. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I mean skype and teamspeak are really bad at such things. By IRC bindings I mean in context of discord. I would not be surprised if there are bindings for IRC eventually, but it is one thing I would use right now, if it was around.

It may be possible to make a discord/irc bridge, though who knows if it would even be wanted, and discord might get upset at it depending on how their setup works. We used to bridge the galactic chat in a game that shall not be named with it’s irc before the dev got mad and had a petty shitfit

I don’t think discord can handle IRC volumes of chat.

Interesting; Discord must be so new, I actually found it today before even looking at this thread.
It’s a great piece of software.
As seamless in execution as Infinity itself!

Edit: Does the Old Guard have a server? Would be a great place to talk to all of you who have spent years following Infinity!

1 Like

The general ā€œInfinity Community Networkā€ Discord server isn’t that populated yet, so hop over there for the time being. I’m sure the OG will have some com channels in the near future.

1 Like

Not the worst idea in the universe :wink:

I created one. Here:

(is it a good idea to share these links like this btw? I’m new to Discord)

Sharing links are fine, they invalidate automatically after 24 hours by default.

Alright, LucasFIN…got it after 5monthes oO
Finally the news of KS lead me back to here :smile: and what to say? I really like to see ā€œThe Old Guardā€. So how to join?

2 Likes

Welcome back Spuk. :slight_smile:

You were indeed nominated before KS (see 4th post). So you are in.

Cool, just need to get familar again with the ā€œnewā€ forums…

2 Likes

it makes me excited wondering the OG events such as in-game gatherings, maybe we could make space combat movies :grin: i always want to see some ships formation, like fighters flying side by side with capital ships.

1 Like

That guy was a douche. :sunglasses:

4 Likes