Cheers Would be hard to moderate a group of which I’m not a member of.
That’s true. However my quick calculation puts the existing “oldies” at maximum of 65 - 70. (edit: actually it is higher… I missed some people when I did the counting) And if many of them won’t join this (or any) group, then this guild might have plenty of room for newer members too (I already have some names of active but not that old members I would also like to invite).
This guild is supposed to be a a tribute to the die hards. The very nature of it makes it somewhat exclusive, but as I went through the members it really seems like 100 active / die hard might be a realistic number at this point. Wait after a successul kickstarter and there might be thousands of actives here
I hope no one finds this guild too exclusive of an idea.
Edit: Our two lists seem to mostly overlap. More proof that the amount of veterans is actually quite thin at this point…
Edit 2: Oh and @hrobertson since you are now nominated… wanna join the guild?
As a point of note, I would consider excluding INovae staff themselves from this group.
Why?
Well, because as developers of the project we all support, they are already by definition the most die-hard of the group, they are already special. This badge would be wasted on them
I’d also nominate the majority of the members of my corp, The Phoenix Imperium, and in particular @Margrigas and @citronrobotlord, though understandably my folks aren’t too active on these forums.
I’m thinking that maybe you should add some of those members by default, people like Crayfish, JB and WhiteDwarf. I don’t think there is much argument against them being on that list.
Thanks for missing me @hrobertson, I’m at 7+ years with 2+ post a day or something
Did you guys forget Irashi? (oh, lucas got him, hard to miss 10k posts)
Yes, I’m one of the annoying ones who came up with a new name for the new forums, but I would gladly accept a part in this group. Nice to feel some recognition for having stuck around so long!
Also I nominate Georgeman, or whichever name he might be using, as he’s the oldest member of the community universally recognized numerous names. Because he’s been banned more times than anyone, but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s old and recognized.
Of course, I meant to only exclude the current INovae alumni, as you’re all already distinguishable by title. Should one of you leave INovae, you’d presumably then be eligible to be included in the 100