Unable to add @IllOO’s graphics in what way?
Forum prevents normal and regular users from editing posts they made more than 6 months ago. A feature that seems intended to encourage posting multiple topics on the same topic rather than continuing a discussion for extended periods.
Let me ping @hrobertson for you, I think he knows exactly what config file and parameter to edit to enable longer edit periods, he was talking about it in the Art Challenges thread.
I have to disagree, it doesn’t do that at all. I still can post on all the gameplay topics from 2013 and discuss the matter there without creating a redundant additional topic.
I think it rather is there to prevent people going back and destroying basis for the discourse that happened after that post was created.
So for instance, I propose an idea and hundreds of posts are discussing it, then a year later I go and change something and it suddenly makes no sense.
Also it prevents people deleting all their posts when they suddenly get unsatisfied with the community or something … which sadly happens a lot on forums.
It’s just very annoying if you want to do stuff like this, projects that span longer then 6 months. Like this, and the minecraft server and registries of info.
So maybe we should propose that regular members can still edit their old posts? So make it part of the trust system. In the end you’ll never be capable of interacting on a forum without some trust somewhere. The way Discourse seems to be built it considers its posters to be enemies instead of the reason for its existence. 
EDIT: Didn’t we have a thread for this already? I can’t seem to find it in the support section…
@INovaeKeith I think it’s the post_edit_time_limit setting (which is in minutes).
[quote=“xamino, post:350, topic:575”]
So maybe we should propose that regular members can still edit their old posts? So make it part of the trust system. In the end you’ll never be capable of interacting on a forum without some trust somewhere. The way Discourse seems to be built it considers its posters to be enemies instead of the reason for its existence.
EDIT: Didn’t we have a thread for this already? I can’t seem to find it in the support section…
[/quote]
…
I am in before the Kickstarter. New to this forum, but following the game since back when the URL was www.infinity-universe.com/
I am a big supporter of this project and I will be contributing a substantial amount to the initial kickstarter for Battlescape, even though my real desire is to see Infinity MMO (first thing is first, right?).
I’ll try to remember to add you as soon as the OP is editable again.
LMAO, yeah Lucas, it will be editable again, sure. 
Well I’m hoping a fix for the editing issue will be part of the upcoming web update since Keith has been notified about this issue.
Yes, I understand, made me laugh though, thanks for that.
LucasFIN, well that was embarrassing. I came to pass a sardonic comment then discovered I haven’t created an account on this forum. I miss the long circular discussion with USNavyFish on the economy thread in the old forums.
I’ve been popping by but leading a very busy personal life IRL.
Wow that’s alot of names I haven’t really seen in years. I’m surprised some of you have been able to stay active for 8 years. I’ve been checking up on here every once in a while looking for progress but not really active. I’m glad there is going to be something more playable than the ICP.
I support Infinity since 2011 and joined these forums on the first day. Still haven’t been nominated though. 
I thought nominations are stopped until the first post is editable again ^^
Or is it just the adding of the new members? hmmmm…
(On a sidenote, how come that anyone that I think of: ‘humm I could nominate him/her probably, he/she really is an addition to the community’ already is in the old guard?)
Keep the nominations and all coming. I’m not ignoring anything. Just still waiting for the editing of OP issue to be solved. 
[quote=“scorflane, post:357, topic:575”]I miss the long circular discussion with USNavyFish on the economy thread in the old forums.
[/quote]
Long and circular indeed! Those were good times
I’m leaving the military in just under a year and ‘becoming’ and independent developer (in the sense that I don’t plan to go work for some other studio in the near future). I still think about economic simulation constantly, and look forward to developing something releasable (sellable, ideally!) which centers around a deep and true actor-based simulation.
/Begin tangent
(My personal conclusion from the economy discussion was that to do it right you really need to simulate individual ‘motivations’ to yield the chaotic behaviors that create a market… But this requires that individual actors can innovate and add value to the system beyond just buy/selling goods - even beyond actors determining the value in creating a new trading post in a particular location (which isnt even something current games seem to do, btw) - no, they need to be able to create new products that both compete with existing products and can create entirely new markets. This is my current challenge, and I’m trying to abstract such product-creation mechanics to their most fundamental form. This goes beyond the notion of ‘procedural commodities’ (i.e. random), and requires a ‘physically-based’ rationale.) /end tangent
Also @Sean, if he isn’t here already.
Seeing if he is involves research. That involves scrolling through a long thread.