There’s already a thread for that: Pilot Rankings
i know what you did there. 
You really want that rank? They’re the janitors in my navy
Pfft…
In my navy, Admirals prepare the gestapo soup.
Here’s a cookie to anybody who got that reference: 
The what now?
Is this from the first season of Brownshirt Dwarf, the extreme right wing remake of Red Dwarf?
I’m going to be such a bad pilot I pity my side. People will be saving up money for me to be on the other side. I would like to play with people who play at my level.
On a side note your link didn’t work for me 
Weird. Fixed now.
You get two cookies, as I only just now realized I misspelled gazpacho soup. 


Ach! Are you zure you mispelled?
Our zoup exborts fery vell and has kood flaffor! Jawohl ! Effen UZA loffes it!
![]()
If only they’d mentioned it in basic training!
Never mind, I’m sure no serious psychological damage will result from your soup faux pas.
Sure looks spicy!
In that thread the question of stat tracking was never answered only put off. (like many things I don’t recall that thread) So it is a lagitament question, Should “we” do it are they going to do it?
Look at what I found on Keith’s Twitter!!!
Procedural volumetric galaxy background in Infinity Battlescape (WIP)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPm8PX5WgAUEcdD.png:large
Not sure it worked if not try; https://twitter.com/inovae_keith
There is also a pic of Pluto IN RED!!!
What do you mean?
Does that quoted post from Keith not answer the question?
Obviously it’s too early for him to state exactly what form the stat tracking will take, but the intention is clear.
As Keith says, what do you mean? How would “we” track our own stats? The only possibility I can think of is a fan website where people upload their stats after each match, but that’s got as many holes as a colander.
Custom community server stat tracking is a thing with some games.
Several conmunity server run a routine on their server that uploads to a community stat tracking site.
The game would still have to expose those stats and it would be server side.
I wouldn’t call that “we” doing “it”, though I can see that might have been what @Bentware was meaning.
That’s where “hacking” comes into play. People are quite inventive when it comes to such things.
Yes that’s an option I hadn’t thought of.
I wrote a tool to extract the galaxy map from Elite Dangerous’ process memory along with market data back when the rest of the community were uploading distances between systems by hand.
Still, @INovaeKeith has stated the plan to expose stats in some way.
I feel the need to play devils advocate against stats, or at the least part of them. Stats can be extremely detrimental to gameplay and player groups when stats become more important to the group than the actual game.
This became prevalent in EVE a few years ago where your KB stats were more important than what you actually accomplished or what you were doing.
This also happens in many shooters where people focus on maxing out their kdr or whatever. I know this is a difficult request, but if stats are implemented I hope they are indicative of actual player skill instead of how many noobs you’ve shot down because they don’t know how to fly.
Additionally, please consider not displaying a player’s death stat. #kills and hours played is a food starting point, but as soon as people start worrying about death for stat reasons instead of gameplay reasons, you will have less creative gameplay. People won’t want to try riskier strategies that have a higher risk of death but bigger payoff for fear of ruining their kdr/“embarrassing” themselves or their group. I put that in quotes because it depends on the person and the group.
I’m fine with stats like kills, kilometers flown, hours flown, times crashed(maybe, maybe not-i think it would be a funny stat and to me that’s what stats are for), times flown into the gas giant, #capital ships brought down(includes assists since it would be a team effort), buildings built/destroyed, etc. Maybe remove assists entirely and anything you help bring down also counts as a kill. Generally people try to kill steal because assists are worthless and a kill is more important(to them).
Stats are great when they are fun - they arent when they become the main focus of players instead of winning which will inevitably happen depending on their extent.
Edit: You have the ability to rewrite the standard on how “arena” type games track stats and what sort of stats are important to track. Thinking more on it, it’s going to be an Arena and people are used to hitting tab and seeing their score, kills, deaths. I’d split this into a personal score, a team score, and have your #kills only displayed to yourself. Leave kills out of the public stats shown entirely. Then, in the game itself you have people focusing only on the items that improve their scores. As long as you make things that give you score(and without abuse) beneficial to your team, you would have people striving to increase their score, whether that’s destroying enemy(or repairing friendly) ships, bases, miners, emplacements, etc.