Meme Factory - Manufacturing Space Boners

I tried doing some propagande posters (like the hilarious ones from EVE) but I realised I’m really bad at photoshop and failed miserably. Anyhow here it is.

I was hoping we maybe could get more (and better) of these coming.

8 Likes

Going to share it through Reddit / Twitter / other?

It isn’t a beauty, but it conveys the message (a good one) clearly. Go ahead and spread it.

I don’t have twitter or reddit. I have shared it on some IRC-channels but the exposure there isn’t the greatest

EDIT: You are all of course more than welcome to spread it or make better versions etc

You could use it as a reaction picture on comments and such.

Great. Now I’m going to have to watch the entire series and film again…

1 Like

If posting this to reddit/4chan/etc. you could replace “Space-sim enthusiasts unite!” with “Space Sim Master Race unite!” for added lulz…

1 Like

Someone with twitter should contact Storpey btw. I don’t know how famous he is but he did enjoy Rodina and did a quite good job showing off the scale. I have emailed him but I’m not sure I’m using the correct mail.

I did one more as well.

8 Likes

It is done …

10 Likes

I made a cinematic gif thing to show off cinematic things!

2 Likes

If you had one with a right size to be used as a signature on the star citizen forums it would be great.

1 Like

Brilliant! Cats always do the trick ;D

1 Like

That video made me realize one thing (again).

The cinematic battles of Star Wars, Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica don’t have ships with hexagons and floating heads.

That is all.

1 Like

No useable marketing material, but recent events inspired me to do this…

6 Likes

Yeah sure. What size is it?

I’m surprised no-one has used the comic potential of Hellions with overpowered thrusters tumbling around at planet surfaces, like here for example, for making humorous gifs. (I tried to make a proof-of-concept gif out of it, but it keeps making the forums unavailable to me).

I’d strongly recommend a few people with access to the prototype recording more of those, maybe a bit more dynamic. You don’t see that in many games, and think about the potential with captions (unrelated example).

1 Like

@TARS There hasn’t been a decent new content post of battlescape of any kind on reddit in a day now, perhaps you could do somethign with this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJt-Rzl5Jgk that planet explorer made.
or better yet this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaNhadg4-KA as noone really capitalized on it too much.
I tired posting things but i get flagged as spam and you have way more reddit pedigree.

2 Likes

TARS and Playbenny is “Planet Explorer”. For your information.

1 Like

Oh. I haven’t connected the dots somehow.

I reposted the video in r/gaming, search for “Ever seen jet fighter cockpit footage? This looks like that…” if you want to give it an upvote.

1 Like