Okay, I’m late to the party and not one of the “dinosaurs”, but so what…
I was – and still am – Xamino from the old forums. I joined the forum in the summer of 2009. At the time I was in 12th grade, one year away from graduation (I currently live in Germany, we had 13 school years up until two years ago). I had done a few small steps in 3D modeling before, but the contribution system finally got me started on trying some serious models. My first sucked, of course – but my next was already not so bad, considering that I had no previous skills. I’ve modeled 4 ships of varying sizes up until 2011 – the Taurus M1 by Space; the Ardennes, a Centaurus pickup, and the Entropy by @LucasFIN
However, since I graduated in 2010, I started my studies of media computer science in Ulm, Germany, and quickly lost the time to do more. Especially since it started becoming clear that the contribution system was being reworked and my work wasn’t on par anymore – I also lacked any time to upgrade my already done models.
By now I’ve almost finished my bachelor of science – I defended my bachelor thesis just 2 weeks ago – and have started with my master while I wait for the grade. I’m not really sure what exactly I’ll do once I’m done – either start working for a large corporation (Google would be cool, I think) or also start a business. There’s a few ideas I think that could really work out. Nothing game like, though… 3D graphical programming is still quite a hurdle for me to learn. Maybe I’ll even move back to the US, depending on if I get a good job.
So, what else? I’m now 22 (though my birthday is coming up in 2 months), have a nice one-room apartement in Ulm which I call home, love going to University, work there as a tutor to help with my expenses, have a large group of friends, and am single.
I’m also looking forward to when there’ll finally be the first Infinity real-life meetup – I’d love to meet many of you sometime. The old forums will always have a special place in my heart, as cheesy as that sounds, as they were a core aspect of my teen years too. In fact, without Infinity, I might never have started my CompSci studies…
EDIT: @LucasFIN: well, now I know why you were so active on the server…
Great that it’s looking better now though!