Would also like to see an attempt to land on an asteroid in a ring, just to demonstrate the scale to people who dont realize how huge the asteroids are.
Flavien wants the video to only be ~30 seconds, I wonāt have time for all that.
Oh, yes. There were people complaining during a stream that the asteroid fields werenāt real because the ship didnāt hit them as it went through them. I guess going more slowly through them and actually landing on an asteroid would show people a) how sparse they are and b) that they are real, in game objects (at least, Iām pretty sure they are, since the ship gets a collision warning when heading for them).
Yeah, probably for the best. Now that I think about it again, something like that would probably be too long.
I just canāt help imagining cool stories, this game makes me want to write fanfiction.
Maybe, take off from being landed on an empty asteroid, fly into space at warp then rocket down to the surface. sped up it should fit.
Which is more impressive, arriving or departing a planet? One of each?
At the moment, definitely arriving. It takes too long to gain speed to warp when leaving.
Personally, Iād be interested in someone crashing. That would (theoretically) be the most visually impressive anyway.
looking forward to it! I agree that this particular āfeatureā should be more heavily promoted.
I think this video, from 14:47 to 17:47 would make a great GIF. But I donāt have the tools (and am now going to bed). Someone please make this!! 
Goodnight 
First impression - Wow! I didnāt know they could do that!
Second impression - Wow! HD is so much better!
I just saw the video showing seamless transitions, and my point of view is that itās a total mistake, why the video stop before we can see the blue sky ?! Itās like itās not possible to go lower 
Which video? There are plenty of videos showing the seamless transitions, thereās a collection of them here:
the last updated on Kickstarter
Ah, I guess it could have been 10 seconds longer.
@INovaeKeith @INovaeGene Gents, where would you like GIFs uploaded to? I have a 30-second one of orbit-to-ring transition, getting it pretty close to 20 MB.
I could be something like a simple line or concise paragraph (wherever this goes - e.g. on battlescape website media page, or on kickstarter page, etc) clearly saying the full star system is seamless. And to click the gif next to said text for a full youtube demonstration. The gif would be something in between the unaccelerated and funny looking accelerated footage. E.G. a sequence of unaccelerated segments of the full footage, with blended transitions to keep good esthetics.
Done this way you could fit a lot in 30sec. 6 segments of 5 seconds or 10x 3sec would allow the full demonstration of seamlessness while having a good variety of things (barrel rolls thru planetary ring rocks, spaceships re-entering in formation, dogfighting in canyons, etc) happening with that landscape seamlessly transitioning as the backdrop.
ā
I am just brainstorming randomly now: you could have the/one of the most powerful types of capital ships out of visual range tagging another ship with a beam weapon or whatever, and cinematically (because possibly faster than light) pan along the line of fire to the target ship. If the distance is something like a few light seconds (like Earth-Moon distance), the noticeably seamless landscape could make for another nice demonstration of the seamless transition that is unique to I:B.
Is anybody doing a āhighlightsā video with the best parts from those hours of gameplay videos on youtube?
It could be a one minute video with a bunch of 5 second clips showing different fights, planets, asteroids and so on.
Iām just starting to do remix videos. Not really what you described ā¦
Cutting official and bluedrakes videos (got his permission) and overlaying them with different genres of music to give them different kind of spins. Itās more the other way around tough. Making music videos with the footage. Iāll do some and release them over the course of the next two weeks or so.
Someone should do what you said too tough. The thing is that, from watching the videos, the most interesting parts always are scenes taking about 20 to 30 seconds. Cutting them cuts also most of the point of those scenes.
trying again, post didnāt quite work last time
Something got messed up during the encoding process (white flash), Iām gonna have to re-do this. But let me know if you like the āsceneā. I want to back it up a bit so it clearly shows starting from in-atmo but the file size is huge. Still working on it.
removed - see a couple of posts down for the new one
