I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

We feed the Tweeters regularly, it keeps their strength up.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve taken some artistic liberties, and came up with a scene players will be able to see one day:

NOTE: This is not a screenshot, but made from different screenshots released in the past few weeks.

7 Likes

So much in love with these screens but we’re missing a point here:

Procedural cities?
@INovaeKeith tell me they’re procedural cities.

i think the city is not procedural.

The assets are artist placed, not procedurally placed.

Aw, well they look vast and various as procedurally generated, nice. Can we look forward to this kind of things in I:B?

Funding tiers/stretch goals will determine how deep we incorporate planetary surfaces/ground installations/cities into I:B gameplay.

A friendly reminder, current clouds are experimental, (not a final solution by any means) and all screenshots are taken while the engine is in development, some visuals will reflect the final look of this particular planet, others will not.

Without any further delay, I give thee moar. :blush: @TerranAmbass

Gaian worlds, very little tweaking in engine, if any at all.
Clouds are experimental (I just love how they look from the ground though)

Day at the Beach

Up the Coast

“A fine place to establish the Colony”

14 Likes

I agree, just like the real thing.

That was a joke, but I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A day at the beach in the winter?!? Crazy artists.

1 Like

Probably the best screenshot I’ve seen so far. If it had those buildings it would be perfect ;D

The clouds, experimental or not, add SO much!

Brings a tear to my eye. :smiley:

I am sorry. I know that you are male for many years, but English is not my best skill. I am more reader then writer and let you never hear how i am talking.

You know, at this point you’re just teasing us, @Hutchings – and I’m loving it… :smiley:

1 Like

i think i just had an eyegasm… the planet look so perfect with the clouds. can you show us some clouds from outer space in your next screenshot? don’t care if the clouds are experimental.

I was looking at these on my phone earlier, but that tiny screen does them no justice!

Looking at them now they just look fantastic. You boy’s have done a great job with this engine!!

Hype Intensity Intensifies

Looking at clouds from Outer space might have Z-fighting(depth) issues, though probably only noticeable in a video. But then again they have been reported for almost a decade with a promised fix, so no more excuses.

No, there would be no z-fighting. The problem with the current clouds is they are not volumetric, so they look good in screenshots from space and/or from the planet surface only. Flying through them is the issue, they are not the quality we would want for I:B.

Tell your friends, we’ll want a nice broad audience as we lead into our media ramp up / kickstarter :wink:

2 Likes