How to increase the popularity of Inovaestudios

It is typically best you do that a week or two prior to the KS campaign launch. Just to build up talk around the campaign. So yeah.

I guess this is the point of view of the local bacteria and lichen… But of curiosity, all three factions will be purely humans?

Any sources that prove your point? Would really appreciate it

I was thinking about it, and I am not too sure about this being the best way (although I haven’t found ā€˜a best’ way myself). I think that people who watch a video that makes them want to have it, just want to go to the ks and then pledge. If they see that the kickstarter hasn’t started yet, they might go ā€˜meh’ and forget about it before the campaign starts. On the other hand youtubers should be given a certain leeway, to ensure that they get the chance to meddle with the game during the (probably necessary) set playdates, to gather enough video material and then produce their video. To assure that they don’t rush the video, it would make sense to agree on a date before which no videos may be released (cough cough NDA cough cough). Then again, nobody likes NDA… Another possibility that just crossed my mind would be to ensure that two videos are agreed upon. One pre-kickstarter campaign, and one that gets released the day the ks campaign starts. But I have to think more about this before I can say if this is a good or horrible idea…

Arguably Centaurans may have diversified their genome sufficiently to be a distinct race (as in the poodles and huskies sense, not the skin colour sense), but yes, all sentient lifeforms in the Infinity universe can be traced back to humans living on Earth (via… Geodesa, was it?).

Ancient alien ruins and non-sentient lifeforms may occur, but almost definitively not in I:B.

Note: Actually when I say all sentient lifeforms can be traced back to Earth, doing that retracing of steps was supposed to be the plot of the MMO’s beta (The Quest For Earth). I have no way to be sure IA hadn’t planned to end it with some plot twist that ā€œactually you were all a synthetic species engineered on Mars, fitted with a terminator gene to self destruct after this many thousand generationsā€.

Sources would be nice, yeah.

My personal experience, random gossip (on major youtube channels), and a TED talk all seems to agree that the best time to do publicity is when you’re ready to take people’s money.

2 Likes

I think the point was that reaching out to the media a week or two before launch would give the media time to assemble and schedule their material. As opposed to getting the media spouting about the Kickstarter a couple weeks prior to the campaign. I’ve never heard of anyone doing that. Usually, it’s ā€œHere’s something on Kickstarter that we think is newsworthy to our audience.ā€

Then there’s the idea that a couple weeks before the Kickstarter, I-Novae Studios will have all their materials ready to go and they can show more polished material to their media contacts.

2 Likes

(It should be sapient, but I know that’s a losing battle)

I wouldn’t call Centauran another race. They may have modified their genome around, but they are still pretty recognisable humans - and I’m pretty sure Biogen/non-Biogen couples aren’t sterile.
Under the widest definitions, they would be transhumans, but most people today would still consider them humans anyway, the same way someone who undergoes gene therapy today (and it works) or gets a pace maker or a prosthetic arm is still human.

Also, Biogen wasn’t exclusive to the Centauran. While it’s officially forbidden by the Deltan (there may be contraband, as well as lesser treatments allowed), it’s allowed in the SFC - which also had quite a bit of Centauran immigration IIRC, so there are probably many people using it there.
In fact, IIRC, the idea was the Star Fold, with its freer culture, had more variety. Stuff that would be frowned upon by the Centauran is OK as long as you have the money there.

I was thinking more of all Centaurans being a different race due to heavy radiation in the early years of their home planet (aka. why they went out of their way to invent biogen). I could very well be remembering the lore wrong, though.

Oh and I’m pretty sure that’s (part of) the definition of a species, not a race. Different races of dogs can still have viable offspring together. Horses and donkeys can have offspring together, but said offspring will be sterile, therefore they are separate species.

That was my point :smile:

I am mainly looking at the game squad which started to show footage of their game back in October of 2014. The launched a KS last month or so.

My advice would be to show stuff and show it often.

I’m a bit confused now. Is that an example of what to do or what not to do?

What to do. They built up hype and a community base for the project.

Then my original post was completely the opposite of what you advocate. You want months of media exposure before a Kickstarter. That makes no sense to me. The purpose of teasing is to get the word out about a product or service. With the internet, if you’ve got anything at all, people are going to hear about it very quickly. The only reason for contacting the media is to give them some lead time. They can be talking about your product on day one of your Kickstarter.

If limited tier contributions are a big part of your campaign, then having them talk about the Kickstarter a couple days early would make more sense. Folks will want to get in on those limited tiers. Hearing about the campaign and arriving only to find all the limited spots taken might turn them off.

1 Like

Hello Games used Sony and got an exclusive in No Man’s Sky so why not appeal to Microsoft, No Man’s Sky may have quantity (planets), but its graphics pale when compared to what Infinity brings to the table. Personally I’d rather have one solar system with gorgeous graphics than an entire galaxy of PS2. If Microsoft could do for Inovae what Sony has for Hello Games, and expose this game to a broader audience then you might get funded to make the original goal of Quest for Earth, after Battlescape of course, which would be supremely epic. Microsoft might be interested at this point, since it has no real answer to Sony’s exclusive. I apologize if this has already been proposed.

I think whether or not MS would be interested in working with us will be largely determined by the outcome of our Kickstarter. Also if NMS fails in the marketplace that would likely undermine their willingness to work with a competitor even though what we’re doing is in many regards considerably different than what they’re doing.

I’ve had a number of conversations with potentially interested 3rd parties. Everybody is waiting to see what happens with our KS.

2 Likes

Alright, I will buy NMS on PS4, not like I planned to buy it anyway to see how well they implemented the element system and creature/plant generator.

Too bad that you can’t share a bit more info about those potentially interested 3rd parties. Oh well, time will tell…

Dumb question but what about Elite Dangerous? I heard on a certain forum, that they were probably going to announce planetary landing to the game in cologne this week… Either that or singleplayer mode / f2p / something else… no one knows.

Hehe, you mean, this forum, right? :smile:

Continuing the discussion from Elite: Dangerous:

2 Likes

yup , certainly did so :wink:
Reminds me that I wanted to look when they are announcing their stuff. Should be an interesting discussion in the thread then ^^

You don’t need to feel obligated to purchase it on our behalf. It will succeed or fail on its own merits as I hope Battlescape does. =)

True. They might want more game to look at before committing, and thats good business. Just remember a few ā€œnosā€ dont mean anything, Walt Disney was denied over 300 times when trying to get a loan for Disney World. Im in marketing so I know it can take several nos to get just 1 yes. Unless of course you asked me and I had the money you would only have to ask once. I do have an associate who has made 50 mil in my industry, I sent him a link to this website, his name is Brian Carruthers.

Well if he’s in NYC at all I’d be more than happy to grab a drink with him =).

1 Like

I’m sure he does from time to time, he gets around, and lives in Maryland.