-
As soon as we can get it done
-
See #1

As soon as we can get it done
See #1

Sounds like a plan.
So what problem have you guys run into? (I hope nobody takes this as an insult).
Not a good plan, that. Many heavy-hitters are announced or planned there, from Star Citizen to (rumour says) Half-Life 3.
At least, itās not Soon. This one is choked full.
More seriously, you didnāt run into something too harsh, I hope?
IIRC, there were talks about trying new, interesting things to make HDR more realistic, and one big hurdle was that hardware uses linear luminosity scales instead of a more adapted logarithmic scale. If thatās the problem, take your time. HDR always feels slightly wrong, and I can wait for someone to manage to make it work better 
Most of the team are working in their spare time, so I think if you want to sum up what āgot in the wayā in one word, I would say ālifeā.
I didnāt see this addressed, so here I goā¦
Without specifying what those speeds are relative to, these are the exact same scenario. Moreover, the change in speed (regardless what itās measured relative to) is the same in both cases, so any āon targetā projectile will miss by the same amount once the targetās speed has changed.
Any discussion about maximum speeds is meaningless unless the reference frame is specified. And it needs to be specified every time. Unlike on Earth, donāt have a universally agreed upon rest frame in space. The entire discussion here over the past two weeks about top speeds is entirely moot. It falls into the category of ānot even wrongā.
Does it matter when heās just comparing accelerations?
For Physics it does matter and no, acceleration is in m/s2, while he describes speed in m/s.
I guess that the speed will often be relative to the nearest planet, or to the main star, which will be seen as āimmobileā for the sake of appearance. But weāll see that when it comes out⦠So open up a new thread if you wish to discuss about that 
Just FYI, @Sab1e made a thread to continue the discussion.
On another note, this is the third or so thread asking a question about the release of the kickstarter or something similar to that and it devolving into a debate on orbital mechanics or what not.
What a great forum.
Well, imagination goes wild with crazy (or not ^^) expectations 
At worst, it shows thereās still quite some people around here eagerly waiting for the KS.
Many people
What is the minimum funding goal going to be?
We donāt know yet. I-Novae have been keeping the details carefully under wraps (understandably) so it should have maximum impact when launched. It would be nice to know the state of things though.
I wonder if the devs have considered doing mini-updates (as in⦠one sentence or something very unspecific) of what they have been doing that week, KSP-style? @INovaeKeith? That might help to relieve some of the frustration some fans can feel. Literally a 5-second job with technobabble would be fine!
I was wondering if thereās going to be any build up in updates and activity before the launch of the KS campaign. Or will there be silence before the big thing?
Itās been implied that pretty much all the current āshinyā is being withheld until the Kickstarter so I-Novae donāt run out of cool stuff to show half way through the campaign.
Although we were promised the one shiny video (mostly for the gaming media to sink their teeth into and kick up a bit of a fuss about) shortly before the Kickstarter goes live. 
$500k
Yes there will be a ramp up in updates. Our next video is basically finished, we just need to do the final rendering/recording, and once itās released it will be accompanied with a new blog article which will contain a large status update.
Terribly sorry, August was filled with team members (including myself) going on vacation and Iām currently in the middle of moving across the country which has been quite distracting.
Was cleaning my Hotmail. Saw an email from Feb 5th, 2011 regarding Infinity. Just wanted to pop in and see whatās been up. I guess things havenāt really started yet? or whatās up? ;D
The Kickstarter hasnāt really started yet but aside from that a lot has been going on. Unfortunately weāre keeping most of it under wraps for the Kickstarter so we havenāt released most of our new content (yet). More information on the Kickstarter will be coming soon after we release our next video.
Weāve spent the last couple of years rewriting our rendering pipeline from the ground up for the next-gen, building tools, and fixing a bunch of problems with our planetary tech that we felt made it too immature for public release. The launch of our Kickstarter campaign will be the culmination of that effort and it will signal a major shift away from building engine technology to (finally) building games.
Thanks for the quick reply. Good to see the team pretty active on here! When the kickstarter comes out, if I remember to check back, Iāll gladly support it since you guys have been hard at work. 
When the KS comes out weāll be emailing everyone who was registered on the forums so you should receive a notification - though we would love for you to check back as well!