Deliciously awesome!
I know it’s not a competition and for a good cause, but I’m seething with jealously seeing all these great vids! 
It adds so much when you look around in that cockpit.
It is that bit of believability to the whole thing. …Immersion that’s the word.
Cant wait for head tracking implementation.(or is it in already?)
It is shame to not show those cockpits in promo vids, when they exist.
Anyways nice footage …not too much fan of the music
but hey to each his own… 
Thanks!
The music probably wasn’t the best choice I agree.
In previous versions the head view was moveable with separate axis’s, now it is bound to the same axis’s that move the ship, so no head movement while moving the ship. Flavien said that this will be eventually fixed sometime in the future.
I already had some form of head tracking working with the vive and vorpx, I have a video of that on the youtube channel, for videos it definetly look so much cooler.
Definitely.
Just like the external free moving camera. It is one of those little things that help the PR.
Something for the community. 
*Thanks everyone for the footage - hope you like.
Nice vid! 
great video and nice space music 
That is legit awesome-sauce @Zen ! 
It’s so funny, i keep skipping back.
But that bit where you show the concept drawing of the destroyer, then cut to actual footage of the destroyer, very cool, gonna steal that.
Hehehe! That monkey!! Brilliant
Thanks SpaceJay.
Tried to get the exact same angle but the shot I have was pretty good so I went with it.
Oh and steal away, I stole your footage. lol. You can have the monkey too. 
Journalist and BBC presenter Kate Russell’s stream of the game tonight can be watched here:
This is gold for the dev team as it is a fantastic documentation of the new user experience. They should probably go through it and talk about each place where she appears to get stuck or confused about what is supposed to be happening, then decide if anything needs to be done to address that problem.
The main takeaways are:
- Warp is currently far from intuitive.
- It’s easy to do things like turn the HUD off and get stuck.
- It’s very hard to know who is around you, she wishes there were a “radar”.
Good to see that the game is still attracting some of the big influencers in the sector.
Not in a position to watch it now, but does she acknowledge that it’s pre-alpha?
She says early alpha build a few times as far as I can recall, but did a very good overall job of explaining the developement etc… Really good stream.
Since I was kinda the guide there in the end I do not think warp is so counterintuitive, what the game lacks is a simple tutorial/pilot school.
When we explained to her how to actually get into warp(and that enter speed = exit speed and you can adjust speed in warp easily) she was then flying perfectly well in formation with me and was going places. There’s just that initial wall that you have due to lack of proper info.
UI is very rough right now so it doesn’t help much either.
I feel that the warp is not really intuitive, especially if looking at it from a more casual and easy-going side. The more I think of it, the more it seems that there really is no reason for warp to not be automatic once certain velocity is reached. I mean there will be a minimum warp entry threshold and there is already a exit threshold (you exit at min velocity, be it your warp velocity or entrance velocity) and since warp is not in different space to ‘normal’ space, there is nothing holding the game back from automatically entering and exiting warp.
The warp button just seems like an unnecessary hindrance from a more approachable gameplay perspective and since warp is just an acceleration multiplier and exists in the same space, it looks logical for it to be automatic.
I think that entering and especially exiting warp with sudden stop is a cool gameplay element. Just flying full speed to your target an dropping out to a stop is just so damn cool. I already used it numerous times to my advantadge. Almost appearing instantly in front of an enemy or dropping out just as you reach a station or base is super cool.
I can live with automatically entering warp but please let us be able to drop out to a stop like in the kickstarter trailer. 
Totally agree, it does look and feel very cool.
You and Tars have an awesome shot in your first “New Patch” video where you drop into a battle at the circular station, just love that.