I’m looking forward to the finals. 
Haven’t seen this thread in a while. I’m loving that design by IIIOO.
It evokes the image of an owl, a shield, and also the helmet of a Spartan all at the same time 
I suppose you could then imply they are symbols of Wisdom, Fortitude and Courage
Anyone an expert on Latin? 
I’m envy of your skills, IllOO 
Really love all the logos you made.
Here’s the header graphic. It needs a nice slogan there. I’ll be happy to take some ideas for that. And also suggestions for improvements for the graphic itself.
And here’s an example of a heading graphic:
These are basically the first post graphics for the OG thread.
“Established 2005” (or whenever)
“Established 10 B.K.” (without explaining that B.K. isn’t Burger King, but Before Kickstarter)
“Pestering Flavien Since 2005”
“Ever Vigilant” (“Semper Vigilant”)
“The Few. The Patient. The Old Guard.”
“Patience and Vigilance” (“Patientia et Vigilantia”)
Keep them coming
There’s some great ones in that batch already (especially the 3rd).
I’d personally prefer slogans without “The Old Guard” since it is already part of the logo above. But then again… my logo isn’t the only one in this competition ![]()
Edit: and that gave me an idea for a variant of the 2nd last:
The Old. The Few. The Patient.
![]()
Can someone translate it to latin? I don’t trust Google Translate ![]()
There aren’t any articles in Latin, so translation is pretty simple.
#Anticus. Paucus. Patiens.
Anticus: aged, old, ancient, primeval, senior, simple, classic, venerable, time-honored
Paucus: a few, a select few, only a small/an indefinite number of people (pl.)
Patiens: patient/long-suffering, submissive/liable/susceptible, totolerant/easy-going
Thanks!
![]()
Maybe the width of the ribbon should be adjusted to the length of the new text?
Yes. And maybe drop the full stops.
Like this?
![]()
Hyphens??? (it needed 10)
What if there’s bullet points between the 3 words? It kinda needs something there imo too.
Pretty much what I meant, but with the correct terminoligy. Thank you ![]()
I like it.
…or use this star-symbol that you used in the “list of friends” header and the logo as a spacer?
I think I like the interpuncts more. The stars take too much attention.
Finished!
I’m submitting my final work. Click the image above to read the graphical guidelines.
All the files can be found here.
Logo:
Forum thread header:
Forum heading graphic:
Profile background image:
User card background image:
Coat of Arms:
Sorry, but I’m out. Just no time atm… Just can’t look at photoshop anymore after a long working day :]
Final submission!
Light theme:
![]()
Dark theme:
![]()
Download the final design kit with everything included here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41193098/OG_DESIGN_KIT.zip
Awesome! 
I’m a fan of the Dark theme, although I think the lighter theme works better in the profile background images. Can they be mixed?
Edit:
Cigarette at top left 